Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2008 raffle for 200 mw CNI blue DPSS!

Thumbs up SELEM 2008 raffle for 200 mw CNI blue DPSS!

Hey folks!

SELEM 2008 is less than 3 months away, so I figured it's time to start offering tickets for the raffle. This year, Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com managed to work out a deal with CNI. We will have a 200 mw 473 nm CNI blue DPSS laser to raffle off! CNI is giving us a deep discount on this laser to support our Laser Enthusiasts Meeting.

Check out the link above... This is a *very* nice laser. Who ever wins it will be positively thrilled. (We all know that CNI lasers are known for making more than their rated power. I'm sure this one won't disappoint.)

In order to be eligible to participate in this raffle, you must be registered for SELEM 2008. How do you register, you ask? Simple! You buy an official SELEM 2008 shirt for $25. Follow the link above for details on how to send payment. Be sure to respond in that thread as well, so other people know you are coming. (If you're curious about the official SELEM 2008 shirts, have a look at this thread for details about the shirt design competition and pictures of the final design.)

Once you are registered for SELEM 2008, you may participate in the raffle. Note that you do not need to be present at SELEM to win the raffle! So even if you are unsure whether you'll be able to attend, go ahead and sign up anyway, and buy a raffle ticket or two. Who knows? You might be the one that wins!

There will be 50 tickets available for this raffle. Each ticket costs $30. We need to sell all 50 tickets in order to raise enough money to pay for the laser and the shipping costs. (We are *not* making any money on this raffle.) If we can't sell all the tickets before SELEM 2008 starts, we will have to abandon the raffle and refund everyone's money.

So, if you'd like to participate in the raffle, you first need to sign up for SELEM. Then you can buy your raffle tickets. To buy a raffle ticket, pick a number from 1 to 50 (see list below of available numbers) and send a paypal payment of $30 to my paypal address at adburns@sc.rr.com.

If you don't have paypal, you can always send a check to me in the mail:
    Adam Burns
    102 Nightingale Manor
    Charleston, SC 29418-3038

If you would like to buy more than one ticket, that is fine. Simply include $30 for each number you pick, and be sure to include the numbers you want. Note that there is a limit of 4 tickets maximum per person, however.

Because I am administering the raffle, I will *not* be participating in it. However, any other PhotonLexicon member that has signed up for SELEM 2008 (and payed the $25 registration fee) is eligible to buy tickets for the raffle. And, once again, this is just for the fun of it. No one is profiting from this raffle, apart from the lucky winner that will walk away with a *very* nice blue laser.

So some on folks! Sign up now, and pick a winner!

Adam

Below is a list of the numbers for the raffle, and next to each number is the name of the person that has selected that number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Available
    2 - CDBEAM
    3 - Available
    4 - Available
    5 - allthatwhichis
    6 - Available
    7 - Available
    8 - Available
    9 - whitcher88
    10 - Available
    11 - whitcher88
    12 - Available
    13 - trwalters001
    14 - Available
    15 - allthatwhichis
    16 - James Lehman
    17 - Available
    18 - Available
    19 - Available
    20 - Available
    21 - Available
    22 - Jem
    23 - Available
    24 - CDBEAM
    25 - Stuka
    26 - Available
    27 - Available
    28 - Available
    29 - Available
    30 - Available
    31 - Available
    32 - Available
    33 - Available
    34 - Available
    35 - Available
    36 - Available
    37 - Available
    38 - allthatwhichis
    39 - Available
    40 - Available
    41 - Available
    42 - allthatwhichis
    43 - Available
    44 - Available
    45 - Stuka
    46 - Available
    47 - Available
    48 - Available
    49 - Available
    50 - Available

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by buffo; 07-11-2008 at 17:33.

Hi Adam,
    Paypal sent for #13. Thanks!

Lightbulb

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Count me in!

Ticket #'s 25 & 45, please!!

PayPal headed your way...

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'll take 16!

Thank you!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-26-2008 at 18:48.

Default #2 and #24 Please !

We would like #2 and #24 please !! Snail mail to be sent tomorrow !!
    Thanx !

CDBeam/TerraWatt
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Hmmm... The raffle isn't attracting nearly as much attention as I expected it would. To date we've sold just 7 tickets (out of a total of 50 tickets). We're going to need more participation than that if we expect to sell all the tickets before SELEM! (If we can't sell all the tickets, the money will be refunded and the raffle will be canceled.)

Adam

Lightbulb 5, 15, 38

I will take three more then. Nobody can complain now if they get left out...

for #'s:

5, 15, 38

Default #9 nd #11

Hi Adam,

I would like #9 and #11. Paypal sent.

Thanks bill

Cool

Ok Bill - got you covered!

Come on guys... We've got about 2 months to go, and still 38 tickets left. I'd really like to see someone walk away with this laser!

Adam