Thread: Something Useful

Default Something Useful

Hi All
    I have been meaning to make something for a while so with the bank holiday here in UK I decided to get my finger out and get it done. Its a chart that can be pinned on your wall or whatever that will allow you to quickly get an idea of the scan angle of your projector.
    Simple to use - stick infront of the scanners at 30cm distance align a central dot with centre of the chart - then run up your scanners to desired speed and adjust to desired angle - or read off the angle from the squares marked out. Markings at 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, & 50 degrees.
    Only down side is it need to be printed A3 - so you may need to call in a favour from someone to print it off for you.

Hope its of use.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scanangle chart.pdf  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks. I am getting ready to do a lot of programming in the garage for a an outdoor show and this will prove quite helpful.
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com

Many thanks Rob much apprciated..

Ray
    NZ

Nice one Rob

Will be helpful with setting up my scanpro 20's. Running them on a single ended output DMX system at the moment as my PM25 still has not landed.

You may remember my issue with the output voltage from the PM25 being 10v +/- and the scanner amps only needing 5v +/-. Well according to what Dave from LSP says in another thread the Pot on the amps marked Position Scale are pre amp image size Pots. I am hoping this means I can use the PM25 with Differential signal.

Carl

Indeed Carl that pot should do the trick and those amps do have a differential input so looks like you might be sorted - when PM25 arrives. Cant wait to have a lookie at the meet in August.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Super-thread-grave-dig, I know.
    Cheers Rob - just printed a dozen off at work
    Balls to the environment

Dan

Yeah great one, now I can remove the ductape markings from my wall and furniture.

i was looking one of these the other day..
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Glad its been useful chaps - this time and last

Rob