Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: LaserBoy 05-20-2008 v2

I think the answer is becoming clearer..

notice how the ilda search-browser program has a separate palette setting for pango. Maybe pango import has a separate palette/blanking setting called 'standard'?

Thanks for checking it out. Can you see every little detail? You might find there are differences between LaserBoy ILDA and some ot the others. I'm still trying to get it all together for a new release!

James.

It's 1:47AM and I just confirmed that I can totally crash LaserBoy with a few key strokes. So I won't be releasing it tonight.

Anyway... I got a bunch of stuff cleaned up and it all works a lot nicer now... even though I still haven't figured out the one thing that I wanted to include in the next release!

It's killin' me.... agony, agony!

I'm going to bed now.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hmm, I opened it in Pangolin, sadly, things don't look right at all. All the frames are like this, lines blanked where they shouldn't be or just plain erratic.
    Hi David,

I was going through some old threads here on PL and came across this one. The files that Doc attached are not what I would call "real ILDA files". But let me clarify this.

The ILDA format was invented by Steve Heminover of AURA Technologies and someone from Image Engineering who, sadly, in my old age, I just can't remember the guy's name. Anyway, both of these companies used point-oriented data (as was the case for almost all computer systems back then). Although it doesn't say it anywhere in the ILDA File Format documentation, ILDA files were really meant to convey point-oriented data.

The files that Doc attached contain vector-oriented data, not point-oriented data. Unfortunately, the ILDA file format itself doesn't have any way of telling a program "oh by the way, this data is to be interpretted as pure vectors, and not as data samples to be sent to the scanners".

If you want to see them properly on Pangolin, you could load in these frames, "mark off the block" using the standard LD2000 "Block" tools, and then click the button (or use the menu) "Convert to Vector". That will make these frames view properly in our software. They still won't look as good as frames made with Lasershow Converter MAX because LC-MAX has a much more intelligent way of deriving the lines that make up MAX objects, and then placing points on those lines. But at least you will be able to see the frames properly on the preview window, and they will look like *something* on the scanners.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this to my attention. It helps us to understand better what the problems are, and try to avoid them in the future by clarifying what is needed in the documentation.

Best regards,

William Benner

*cough* gui *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

The files that Doc attached contain vector-oriented data, not point-oriented data. Unfortunately, the ILDA file format itself doesn't have any way of telling a program "oh by the way, this data is to be interpretted as pure vectors, and not as data samples to be sent to the scanners".
    To interpret these files, the software should assume the laser blanking responds instantly to the new point color data and the galvos then swing to the new position of the new point. Then the blanking display will be correct in the software.