Thread: What do I need

Default What do I need

I just received my scanpro40's and I am not sure what part I need to complete my projector (besides a case and fans) The scanpro20's had a board the scanners, lasers, and FB3 all plugged into. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Hmm, was that one of those little DMX boards? If so, then the Scanpro 40 and your lasers should now just plug directly into the FB3.

so do I need a new DMX board than? I don't see how I could possibly plug all 3 lasers and the scanners into the fb3. Would it help if I took pictures so you guys can see what I am looking at?

? Hmm, yes, take a photo of what you have. That might be helpful, but yes, ordinarily, the 3 lasers and scanner amps will plug into the FB3. The FB3 is a DAC and controls the X/Y scanners and 3 color lines (maybe more, not sure about the FB3).

So this is what I am working with.

Forget about the dmx board that came with the scanpro's. You dont need it anymore with the FB3.

On the FB3, there is an ilda connector (25pin). Search on the forums for the pinout on that thing. you will see that it has galvo X,Y single ended outputs, and red, green, blue laser intensity outputs.

You just need to connect the FB3 galvo X output to the galvo X amp, the FB3 galvo Y output to the galvo Y amp.

Then you need to connect the 5v analog blanking wires from your lasers to the respective RGB outputs of the FB3.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the FB3 single ended output and the scanpro40 differential input. I think you just have to connect ground to ground, and positive to positive, and leave the negative wire on the amps open.

The FB3 is everything you need

One VERY important thing to note: You need to make sure the Dsub connectors are screwed into the scanners and driver boards. I suggest you use the D locking screws you can get at your local electronics shop
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks Dave I will make sure and get those d locking screws before I get them all plugged in.