Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD: RGB DMX/Pattern/ILDA board -Desperate :(

Quote Originally Posted by will_ko View Post

Let me know if anybody wants them and I'll mail them off. Brett, I take it it's ok to send yours as well?

Will
    Absolutely, as I said, I still have two that I am counting on so any improvements would be fantastic. The one Will has was replaced by an FB3.
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com

I could take a look at them. There's a good chance that they failed because input to the microcontroller wasn't protected and it received a shock.

I have a slightly different board in an RGY that I have here but it has exactly the same Microcontroller chip in it (same numbers on the chip anyway).
    I replaced the one out of the RGB with the one out of the RGY and tried it to see what would happen. The RGB projector did exactly the same as before - LD's on full with no scanner movement. I then replaced the RGY chip with the 'faulty' RGB chip and got only the 635 LD and no scanner movement. Upon replacing the RGY chip into the RGY projector, everything worked fine again.

Sounds like a possible faulty RGB microcontroller..... ?

STC
    89C516RD+
    40C-PDIP
    0735CV8360.00D

Programmed for RGB.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hello Jim,

Do you still need this ILDA board? if so i can try and get hold of one for you. I hope the laser is all sorted now. Just to let you know we now use DT40's as standard (with alternative cambridge scan option) and we are looking into introducing edmund optics into the lasers.

All the best
    Alex
    SilverRay Laser Systems

Quote Originally Posted by silverray_laser_systems View Post
    Hello Jim,

Do you still need this ILDA board? if so i can try and get hold of one for you. I hope the laser is all sorted now. Just to let you know we now use DT40's as standard (with alternative cambridge scan option) and we are looking into introducing edmund optics into the lasers.

All the best
    Alex
    SilverRay Laser Systems
    I have had to purchase one from Spacelas in China to replace the faulty one so I will leave it up to you if you want to reiemberse me for it. It cost me a total of £41.55 ($80.00 USD) including the shipping.

You may want to get in touch with Stanwax (Rob) www.laser-wave.co.uk here on the forum as sells everything you will need Alex at good prices too.

The RGB is working very well mate, I am pleased with it although having just purchased a 250mW 635nm pointer from EBay and finding it has a brighter and FAR FAR tighter beam than the 635 module I have in it now I am seriously thinking about outing the module and plumbing in the LD from the pointer. Perhaps even two of them? It's still the red beam divergence that lets it down. The Green and Blue modules are excellent.

Thanks for the reply Alex.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Do you have a link to the red laser pointer?

http://tinyurl.com/5pz2zg

Ooop's, there 660 not 635
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!