Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: RGB DMX/Pattern/ILDA board -Desperate :(

Default WTD: RGB DMX/Pattern/ILDA board -Desperate :(

Hi.
    I desperatly require one of the below boards please? Does anyone have one they can sell me?

I have no idea what make it is but it came out of my ' Silverray' RGB 'Chinese' projector project - it went Kerput on me last night

It has a number of preset DMX patterns on it and also the ILDA connector is fed into it, on the 2x large plugs opposite the large IC, ILDA in and out + the DMX multi switch.

The large IC number is:
    STC
    89C516RD+
    40C-PDIP
    0735CV8360.00D

Thanks
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1464.JPG  

IMG_1465.JPG  

IMG_1466.JPG  

Last edited by smogthemog; 05-28-2008 at 12:31.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I'm pretty sure this is it. I have these in three projectors.

http://www.spacelas.com/English/Accessories.html
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com

Just to chime in (Brett knows this already),

But yes, this board S U C K S ! I too have had one fail on me. The good news is, they are cheap from Spacelas, I think $30. Sad, the rest of their stuff is really nice, but for whatever reason, they just can't get this thing right.

Got one on order from Spacelas now. Just hope this one holds out a little longer than the last one did.

Thanks for the info guys
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

What was the failure mode? I'm interested in getting one for failure diagnosis, if one of you is in the U.S.

Unfortunately I will be stripping the plug sockets off of my wrecked board and using them temporarily to connect all the plugged necessaries to a temp 25pin D ILDA socket.

I will give this new Spacelas board one more go and if this one fails I will re-plug all the wire terminations and move on to a better, more reliable make.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    What was the failure mode? I'm interested in getting one for failure diagnosis, if one of you is in the U.S.
    Mine, at the time of faliure, was being controlled by Freestyler DMX program to do sound to light using the pre-programmed internal graphics.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I have two that are still working in 200mw green ttl projectors. The dead one was an rgb unit. It seems that the dmx board has problems with analog blanking and higher power diodes...

I will leave it to Will to fill you in further as he has my defective board as well as a defective unit of his own. I am just hoping the two in my greenies survive at this point.
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com

It would certainly be very interesting to find out exactly what has blown not only from a replace and mend it point but just what it is that goes on them. Maybe modifications could make it more reliable and then maybe pass them onto Spacelas.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Hey guys,

I've got mine plus Brett's if someone is interested in doing some testing on them.

Mine is totally dead, IE no output. The power/status LED's work, but nothing else.

As far as Spacelas making mods goes, their contact ("Sam Song,") seems like he is really willing to help, but he always wants stuff shipped back to China on your dime, which just isn't that fun.

Let me know if anybody wants them and I'll mail them off. Brett, I take it it's ok to send yours as well?

Will