Thread: Dichro 640/660nm

Default Dichro 640/660nm

Hello!
    I search an Dichro what Reflect 660nm and pass 640nm , or otherwise Pass 660nm and reflect 640nm.
    Please tell me where to get these :-)
    fG
    Phillip

Lightbulb

Good luck man. We have discussed similar specs for dichros and they have to be custom made. I think Buffo stated he found a place to get themmade for around $100 USD. I think you can use a PBS cube if you only want to combine two lasers, just like you would two of the same wavelength, assuming they are polorized lasers. You just cannot combine two of 660nm and then two of 640nm and then try to combine the two combined beams after that...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hello!
    For 100$ I will take two pcs ! I know that it cost more, but I need it becouse I combine 4 Diodes with 640nm and 4 diodes with 660nm.
    fG
    Phillip

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    For 100$ I will take two pcs ! I know that it cost more, but I need it becouse I combine 4 Diodes with 640nm and 4 diodes with 660nm.
    fG
    Phillip
    PM Buffo for the info he has. You could also contact Bridge to see if he can have them made. We have discussed a group buy, but most of us are not willing to pay $100 for a dichro... yet.

Cool

The dichro I found would work. It was rated for 90% transmission at 660 nm and 98% reflective at 640 nm. Here is a link to my original post with all the details.

The catch is that you have to order a certain size of the material to make it cost effective. The $100 figure per dichro assumed a minimum order of 10 pieces. Also, these custom dichros were small - just 12 mm in diameter. (Note that you can also order them as a square piece for the same price.) If you wanted to make them larger, the price goes up.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The dichro I found would work. It was rated for 90% transmission at 660 nm and 98% reflective at 640 nm. Here is a link to my original post with all the details.

The catch is that you have to order a certain size of the material to make it cost effective. The $100 figure per dichro assumed a minimum order of 10 pieces. Also, these custom dichros were small - just 12 mm in diameter. (Note that you can also order them as a square piece for the same price.) If you wanted to make them larger, the price goes up.

Adam
    Hmmm!
    I need also one who reflect 405nm and pass 445nm or otherwise pass 405nm and reflect 445nm, but ok ...
    I can buy 2 of the 660/640nm Dichros, but who will be interested for an group buy! This is only a question, not a Groupbuy now! But if eventually 5 people or something will be interested, it will be better!
    fG
    Phil