Thread: QM-2000 crashes computer with docking station.

Default QM-2000 crashes computer with docking station.

Hi Everyone,
    I received my QM-2000 today and installed it in my Recently purchased Dell PD01X docking station. If I try to boot the computer with the docking station I get a blue screen before windows vista boots that says.....

Hardware Malifunction
    Call your hardware vendor support
    NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error
    The system has halted

I tried booting with XP, that doesn't work either. Any suggestions on how I can use my QM-2000 with this docking station?
    Also, Pangolin's website shows the same docking station I have so I "guess" it's been tested. http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/Notebook2000.htm
    Thanks!
    Adam

Adam, have you tried booting with the docking station with the QM2K removed? Is there just 1 slot in the dock? Maybe try another slot if one is available. Does any other card work in that slot?

Hi DZ,
    Yes the computer/docking station works just fine with the QM-2000 removed. I did install the QM-2000 in a desktop PC and it found the card and loaded the drivers. That's good and all but I "really" would rather use the laptop.

Hmm, thats interesting. How about firmware for the laptop. Is there maybe a newer level on the dell website that you can load? Do you already have the software installed on the laptop? I think there is an updated driver on the pangolin website than can be installed, then put the card in and see what happens?

this may or maynot work but
    on my gateway dock i had to go into the bios and turn the P&P OS on and then it worked

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hmm, thats interesting. How about firmware for the laptop. Is there maybe a newer level on the dell website that you can load?
    That was it! I checked bios and it was out of date. I downloaded the newest version and now it works! Thanks a lot!
    Adam