Thread: 458 nm 200 mW Melles Griot laser for sale

Default 458 nm 200 mW Melles Griot laser for sale

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a Melles Griot BLS-305 458 nm 200 mW DPSS laser with very low hours for sale. The laser is fully tested by lasersam (Sam Goldwasser of Sam's laser FAQ) and sitting on his bench ready to ship. These lasers are single longitudinal mode and are ideal for holography. hey run in light feedback or current feedback mode. This laser could pass for brand new...it works and looks new. We only have one and our asking price is less than 1/3 of the $22,400 that you would pay Melles Griot. $7,500 OBO Phil Bergeron, 142laser (813) 974-2378 (work)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue_laser_4_gal.JPG  

Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Default Laser sold

Hi All,
    We have sold the laser; sorry if you were interested. If we get another I will list it here. Phil 142laser

I hope whoever bought it posts some nice beam photos. How drastic is the difference between 473 and 458nm visually?

Default 458 nm beam

The laser was bought by a company that produces holograms. The 458 nm line is a deep blue and is much less visible to the eye; I think 473nm is better for light shows.

According to the wavelength response color chart, which uses 555nm as a 1.00 as the peak for human vision, a 473 is 0.104 and the 458 is 0.0562 which means the brightness would appear about 1/2 as bright for the higher (458nm) wavelength.

Indeed it looks quite a lot dimmer than 473 but that deep blue......yum yum.
    Its gorgeous compared to 473 (not that I dislike that!).

I wish I had money that I could justify spending on that baby.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I'm jealous of whoever got that laser, I suspect it was someone over on the Holography forum. It's perfect for exposing Dichromated Gelatin (DCG) holography plates.

Ah well, we can all dream

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001