Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: selem 08

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default selem 08

wHEN,
    WHERE , HOW ?

i NEED A LASERCATION.

sTEVE

Smile SELEM 2008 date is set:

Hi Steve!

SELEM 2008 will be held on Saturday, August 16th and Sunday, August 17th, in the Newton Conover Civic and Performance Place Auditorium. This is the same place we used last year.

Load in / setup for any heavy equipment will be on Friday, August 15th, from noon 'til 5 PM. Then we'll have our traditional "pre-SELEM dinner party" at the Artist's Cafe (just a couple blocks from the auditorium) starting at 6 PM Friday night. And just like last year, we'll plan on moving over to the lounge above the bar after dinner for cigars, drinks, and stimulating conversation...

SELEM officially kicks off at 10 AM Saturday, and will run until we get tired, or midnight - which ever comes first. Then we start up again on Sunday at 10 AM and run until around 5 or 6 PM. Tear-down and load out for any heavy equipment will need to be done on Sunday afternoon.

Cost per person, guest lists, door prizes, raffles, and other information will be posted soon. But mark you calender now!

Edit: Cost per person has been nailed down! The cost is $25 (payed in advance), and for that you'll get an official SELEM 2008 shirt. (If you want extra shirts, they cost $20 each.) Once you've payed your $25, you will be eligible to participate in the raffle for the 200 mw CNI dpss blue laser. (Note: you do not need to be present at SELEM in order to win the raffle, but you do need to be present to win one of the door prizes.) See this thread for more details on SELEM 2008.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 05-26-2008 at 03:40.

Good to know I'll start saving up.

This could be my first LEM ...

never ever gonna be a Europe laser meet ?

I think we will be donating a few bits as door prizes, and I have been talking with Adam about the possibility of doing a raffle on a 200mw blue.. Stay tuned!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    never ever gonna be a Europe laser meet ?
    Leicester's in Europe !

Smile

Well, the cat is out of the bag, folks! Yeah, LaserShowParts.com is planning to sponsor the event again. They've got a few door prizes in mind, and we're trying to get a raffle going on a blue laser. No firm details just yet, but things are happening behind the scenes. Edit: The raffle has started! Check it out.

SELEM 2008 is going to be a great event. We've got a much better sound system this time around. Also, we'll have a theatrical scrim to play with. And the theater has replaced the cloth screen at the back of the stage (the one we were projecting on), so that should look a lot better.

So mark you calenders now folks! August 15th through the 17th! Plan on arriving Friday afternoon so you can get a room and have time to relax before you go to the pre-SELEM dinner party Friday night. (Trust me, you *don't* want to miss this dinner party - it's a BLAST!) Figure on staying through Sunday afternoon, and then either driving back Sunday evening, or flying out Monday morning if you've got a longer travel distance. (Charlotte airport is just 45 minutes away.)

There will be a small cost per member to attend, just like last year, to help defray the cost of renting the auditorium for the weekend. Details to follow shortly. Edit: See this thread for info on how to sign up for SELEM 2008 for just $25.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 05-26-2008 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Leicester's in Europe !
    if it ever happens!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I think us Brits are more traditional with our hols and there will always be someone on their two week shutdown for a break in Majorca no matter which date is picked.
    Mind you, a summer date would be a bit warmer than the Feb one as it was a wee bit parky in that club.

Where's our Glorious leaders to take up the mantle of organisation for UKLEM 3?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You raffle a blue and I'll buy every POSSIBLE ticket.
    (if I get the ^%$# medical bills paid ;-) )
    Steve Roberts