Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: windows shuts down software. Why?

Evil,

How would I know if my computer was up to the task of running Vista? It is the operating system that came with the computer.

Ray,

When you say you have the Network version on your laptop I presume you mean the actual files for QM2000.net CD not the network files that come with the main Pangolin program CD. ie (LD2000.QMS and LD2000.DLL that come from the CD with the .net card NOT the CD that comes with the QM2000 card)
    I was sent four CD's.
    The first was the main pangolin CD to load LD2000. Version 4.44
    The second was Additional frames and shows.
    The third was Lightspeed animation library.
    The fourth was a tutorial DVD.

I have downloaded the update to version 4.50 and still have the same problem.

So I guess to answer your question, I did not receive a QM2000.net CD.

Yes I am in contact with Bill Benner. He is also trying to help me.

And yes I already contacted my dealer and he is trying to help as well.

Once again,

Thanks for your suggestions...

Tom

Sounds like your doing all you can then..

Pretty strange, however, the good thing is if you have Bill on the job the answer should not be too far away. If he can't answer it then nobody can.

Funny you did not get the CD with the .net card, I didn't either but was told by Pangolin that was an oversight. Bill just emailed me the files ( I guess for XP).

Until then I had exactly the same symptoms as you but of course that doesn't mean the same causal issue.

When you get it sorted can you post the final conclusion so we can all learn from this.

Good luck

Ray
    NZ

Ray,

I will mention to him that I did not receive that CD. I am sure that this will get figured out eventually. It is just frustrating in the begining.

I will most definately post the details and conclusion of this situation.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by winemaker View Post
    Evil,

How would I know if my computer was up to the task of running Vista? It is the operating system that came with the computer.
    Well, system specs for one. I've seen many computers that were shipped with Vista that are not capable of running it properly.

Ray,

I will mention to him that I did not receive that CD. I am sure that this will get figured out eventually. It is just frustrating in the begining.

I will most definately post the details and conclusion of this situation.

Thanks,

Tom
    I received the 4.50 software with my recent LD-2000 purchase and it has an option during install to configure the ethernet link for the QM-2000.net. It should be included in your current software. I highly doubt you need a separate CD.

Lightbulb

Evil,

How many processors are installed in it? How much RAM? This should not be your issue, but Adam is right. Many PCs shipped with Vista today may not have the installed resources to run it well.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    How many processors are installed in it? How much RAM? This should not be your issue, but Adam is right. Many PCs shipped with Vista today may not have the installed resources to run it well.
    Exactly... I have a 2.8GHz dual core AMD with 2 gigs of RAM that locks up occasionally on intense programs with Vista. My 3.5GHz quad core Intel with 4 gigs of RAM handles Vista with ease. Running anything under 2.5GHz single core and under 2 gigs of RAM with Vista I'd consider a bad choice.

Wow. I have to say everyone on here gives excellent advice. Thanks.

In response...

Bill wrote back today and told me:
    "Before we came out with 4.44, a separate CD was needed. With 4.44, you no longer need a separate CD."

So that is not the issue.

Now as far as the computer goes...

the processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz
    Ram: 3062 MB
    Operating system: 32-bit vista

Is that enough???

Lightbulb

the processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz
    Ram: 3062 MB
    Operating system: 32-bit vista

Is that enough???
    Sounds like enough to me.

Looks like it is time to troubleshoot step by step. Can you run the program on them main PC by iteslf with no issues? If you can, I would tryto run it on the QM.net but over a crossover cable to see if you can narrow it down to the network. If it fails on the cross over cable it is Vista, Pangolin, or the laptop... and so on. It will probably get ugly from here. New install of Pangolin, maybe Vista... But this maybe a good start.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 06-10-2008 at 20:53.

Well now here is the next problem. I don't know if it is related but probably so here it is. When I try and hook a cable between the laptop and the QM2000.net box, the laptop does not see the box. I have tried a Cat 5 cable, a Cat 6 cable and a Crossover cable. All of which had the same result! I was told that the QM2000 box must run on a network when running on Vista. Was I told wrong?