Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted,, 532nm laser 50mw's

I just got a very good deal on a 80mw 532nm from aziz, I am very happy with $65 buy now price seems to be creeping up as his number of these wanes somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by frank_1257 View Post
    I just got a very good deal on a 80mw 532nm from aziz, I am very happy with $65 buy now price seems to be creeping up as his number of these wanes somewhat
    For that price I just bought one Thanks for the tip

80mw? Are you sure that isnt the 50mw laser they are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    80mw? Are you sure that isnt the 50mw laser they are selling.
    In the description it says "The power level is variable in the 0-80mw range although we cannot guarantee the exact spread or level."

So maybe thats the mix up

Liam

still looking,,even 100mw
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 06-14-2008 at 15:32.

Why not try DL, I actually got a nice 50mW green module from them a while back and its perfect. Even overpowered I think, it burns quite a lot of things despite the 50mW tag.
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

DL
    is that deal extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    DL
    is that deal extreme?
    Dragon Lasers sorry.
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

I wish someone would post a successful 100-500 mw 532nm DIY project , 808nm pump laser diodes from China in the 1 watt or less range are selling at under $100 and raicol(Israel) and crystal(French) ND:YVO4/ KTP SHG surplus crystals are around for $50 each seems like biggest obstacle are collimation of your laser diode to 50um approx and keeping your combo crystal from over heating with either a heatsink and /or thermoelectric cooling. I have most of what I need to do this but would like to see someone who's pulled it off recently there are some projects at SAMS LASER but they are dated and what I read spoke of destructive testing of older style crystals that used to be physically glued together which apparently sucked. I have just bought a 35 watt fiber coupled spectra laser @ 808nm if it actually performs as claimed and I can piece together my commercial KTP crystal and water cool my separate 35 watt rated YVO4 crystal I will be picking and grinning WOO HOO but I see a series of attempts and failures before I get wings. I spoke to a Coherent engineer and at these power levels a failure in your water or thermoelectric cooling or a spec of dust can ruin your whole day.Beware many of these 808nm FAP Diodes at 20-45 watts on EBAY have failed due to dust contamination or have sub rated outputs from commercial use and have been pulled from service and are significantly not as described, and redundant paypal and credit card chargeback protections might be required to CYA.
    I am Fishing for that DIY GURU out there!!!