Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bounce Mirrors

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I don't call an "approximately adjust before tighten the screw" a x/y adjustable system
    Huh? It allows you to move the mirror in the X and Y direction. What else would you call it?

Of course they're not the same as an MM1. No one suggested that those mounts were suitable for dichros... But just about every bounce mirror I've ever seen uses some variation on the standard "U" shaped mount. (Spring-loaded mounts do not have enough adjustment to be used effectively for bounce mirrors by themselves, and combining a U-mount with a spring plate is both expensive and heavy.)
    Maybe somebody who buyed one can give us details?
    As I mentioned earlier, DZ has a few of these mounts , and he didn't have any problems aiming them. He has already posted the details (including pictures), and told us how pleased he was with them.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    But just about every bounce mirror I've ever seen uses some variation on the standard "U" shaped mount. (Spring-loaded mounts do not have enough adjustment to be used effectively for bounce mirrors by themselves, and combining a U-mount with a spring plate is both expensive and heavy.)
    Adam
    Precisely, these mounts I buyed are both U-mount and spring-loaded plate.
    So you can approximatively adjust the mirror near the position you want to hit, tight screw the U structure screws (top and side), and then fine adjust the end position by turning the screws on the back of the bounce mirror, like with an MM1 mount.
    From what I understood, the bounce mirrors on eBay doesn't have fine adjustment rear screws. So for multiple beam bounce it will be very difficult to target another mirror...

Maybe I explain me bad, remember english is not my habitual language

You can see the independant spring-loaded front plate where the mirror sit, from this picture :

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Maybe I explain me bad, remember english is not my habitual language
    You have explained just fine SBK, I am sure the majority of us English speaking people could not write it in your native tongue or anyone elses for that matter. I know I cannot.

Those mirrors look good.

André

Bounce mirrors, found these 3 links. The company is from Netherlands.

Normal bounce mirror
    http://www.highlite.nl/index.php/hig...rror_for_laser

Rotating bounce mirror
    http://www.highlite.nl/index.php/hig...rror_for_laser

Rotaing mirror ball bounce mirror
    http://www.highlite.nl/index.php/hig...ball_for_laser

I am afraid not much of a technical description for them on their site though.

André