Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: My lasersoft

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

You're doing some good stuff Sergey.
    Well done that man !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Another my project. Hobby level laser show editor. Screenshot at this moment only.
    Hi Sergey,

Very nice but... where did you get the frames? The TESLA COILS is a traced frame from our Bitmps directory. And the one called "12K newyears countdown" is from the Lightspeed Laser Animation library, that comes free with our softare. I recognize a few others as well.

Do you have LD2000, or has someone given you Pangolin frames to play with?

Bill

Hi Bill!

That frames were downloaded from this forum and(or) from FTP server. I dont have LD2000 or any other PRO-grade laser software. All software I'm using were written by me or other laser enthusiasts.

Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the informaiton. Could you identify where, in the FTP site, you downloaded these frames? I mean the directory and file names.

They should not be on the FTP site...

Bill

Please dont' delete the whole directory if it contains legitimate frames.
    I had a hunch that the 'chick' frame was once something else, but now a veiled threat, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the informaiton. Could you identify where, in the FTP site, you downloaded these frames? I mean the directory and file names.

They should not be on the FTP site...

Bill
    Hi

Here the link to one of downloaded frames: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5750
    Sorry Bill, but I have not ability and motivation to sit and seek all frames which were downloaded from this forum and FTP for identification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Hi

Here the link to one of downloaded frames: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5750
    Sorry Bill, but I have not ability and motivation to sit and seek all frames which were downloaded from this forum and FTP for identification.
    Sure, I understand. I only have two points. My first point is to read this:
    http://www.laserist.org/intellectual-property.htm

Second point. I am not sure if you were planning on distributing frames with your software, but if you don't know where something came from, then you would put yourself at great risk by distributing it further. Some people and companies have done this and... the results were not pretty for them...

Bill

Sergy, if you want to distribute frames with your software, let me know, James and I can make you some cool stuff for free(in laserboy ) and would be glad to let you use it..

Whatever you do, head Bills advice, you do not want to give any other laser software company the chance to crush you and destroy all your efforts over an intelectual property lawsuit.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    you do not want to give any other laser software company the chance to crush you and destroy all your efforts over an intelectual property lawsuit.
    Hehe. Spoken as a true conspiracy theorist!

FYI: Legal actions brought to bear thus far were from content providers, not "laser software companies".

In any event, isn't "doing the right thing" enough motivation, in and of itself, without the spectar of being "crushed and destroyed"?

Bill

Sometimes "Doing the right thing" is a matter of perspective and not morality.

bits and bytes can not be stolen... only copied...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group