Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to Blank

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

A pcaom is a slow shear wave AO with 8 different RF frequencies combined, each frequency is specific to a wavelength, and each frequency is AM modulated. NO RF = no light diffracted, it forms a "virtual" single order (well, almost) diffraction grating inside the crystal,

Steve

Thanks for the additional info. The project just got back-burnered today as I stumbled upon two giant stepper motors which I'm thinking of using to build moving bounce-mirrors. (a pet-project of mine for a while now)

I'm sure I'll be right back into this next week or so though.

Wink Priorities man...

WHAT? You got to get the projector working before you can even use the bounce mirro... It would be cool to have moving bounce mirrors though.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    WHAT? You got to get the projector working before you can even use the bounce mirro... It would be cool to have moving bounce mirrors though.

My projector works, it just doesn't have blanking (for the DT40s) and the collimator could use a little attention as my beam gets to about 5"-wide at 100'. (I've recently figured out how to adjust them, but I need to go get a set of tiny hex wrenches)

Here's a pic of them: (the frames are 3.25"x5.25", roughly)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steppers.jpg  

vexta fine step driver Model # DFU1507 5 phase driver

I have 2 of these

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    <snip>
    Attached are two pictures for illustration of what I have to work with:
    So I figured I'd bring this thread back rather than create a new one. I'm reassembling my Mobolazer and I'm determined to achieve blanking in the process.

A friend of mine just got a three-scanner set that mounts on a Mobolazer just like mine and I figure, I can do the same with DT40s. The plan is to buy one additional DT 40 and mount it above the current pair then rotate the current pair to receive the beam from above rather than below.

Anyone know where I can get a mount to do this? If not, how do you suggest I sneak the beam past the current DT40 mounting block? (see pictures)

-Jonathan

Lightbulb

I think I've decided what I want to do. (thanks for the input Adam! (300Evil))

Here, you can see the side cavity of the projector:

(Note the two mounting screws in the middle. I wonder if Mobolazer used to have an AOM or blanking option here...)

The idea, is to mount something like this...

...in the space between the main shutter (pictured on the left) and the Melles Griot beam combiner that comes in through the hole on the right.

That way, I can blank the whole projector instead of just the scanner portion (this could come in handy, for sure), and it help me avoid cluttering up the outer portion of the projector.

What do you think? I figure I'll still use a third DT40 for the OL blanking device, but I'm still open for suggestions

-Jonathan

the inside of the argon model has 2 color flags same as the shutter in your pic

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    the inside of the argon model has 2 color flags same as the shutter in your pic
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!