Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet Prizes

Default UK Meet Prizes

Hi all
    with Pauls blessing (lasermad) I am going to be looking after the door prizes for the UK meet in August. The first prize donated is from Bridge at Laserwave who will be donating a set of dichros and mounts for RGB laser construction. On top of this Bridge is also keen to donate a laser at cost for the BIG Prize draw. I would personally like the draw to be for a blue DPSS but its not up to me! plus we need to be certain the prize is affordable - its no good if the tickets are £200 a pop! So, I want peoples feelings on what laser they would like to be the prize - if it ends up as a 1W green again then so be it, but I would like thoughts and comments. I will leave it for maybe 2-3 weeks before making a decision - with Bridge - and we will get the prize draw underway.
    This will be conducted as last time with complete transparency so there can be no fingers pointed or upsets. The draw held on the day of the meet, will be drawn by some neutral party selected on the day and will be open, as last time to all UK members - attendance at the meet will not be required though it would be preferable. Overseas entries will be taken - but you will have to attend the meet to be eligable . Obviously to qualify for door prizes you must attend the meet.

If anyone else would like to help out by donating goodies for door prizes please drop me a PM and we can discuss.

Finally I'm sure you would all like to join me in expressing thanks to Paul for organising the draw last time - as well as being so instrumental in making the UK meets go ahead.

Let me know your thoughts boys and girls.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

to be honest im up for any prize, im not fussy if its a green or blue.

but count me in for whatever you go for
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be "How much are you prepared to pay per ticket?" (times the number of interested parties) as this would enable you to ascertain how much cash you'd have to hand to puchase a goody for raffling.

I'd splash out approx £25 for a ticket for something tasty.

That was gonna be the next question if i get little or no response - so OK two questions how much will you pay and what sort od prize are we hoping for.
    last time we sold 60 tickets - many shot out at first but the sales tailed off and lots of people bought 3 tickets. We may not sell 3 per person at £25 so may struggle to get enough sold.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

How about selling the tickets first, then let the lucky winner choose the best spec/colour laser that Bridge can do from the available £'s in the pot?
    They can opt to top-up with their own beer tokens and get an even better spec unit...

Just a thought.

I'm in for a few tickets either way

Hmmm... £15/ticket x say 50 tickets = £750 = nice blue laser

Just what I need for my next project

Seriously though, i'm happy whatever and i'm definately in for some tickets.

Well done Rob for organising this years prizes, thanks to Paul for organising last years and thanks to Bridge for donating

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    How about selling the tickets first, then let the lucky winner choose the best spec/colour laser that Bridge can do from the available £'s in the pot?
    They can opt to top-up with their own beer tokens and get an even better spec unit...

Just a thought.

I'm in for a few tickets either way
    i think this is a very good idea.

get everyone to buy as many tickets as they like and the draw is for the money. then they get to pick what item they would like?

i wouldnt say no to a blue, but personally a 1watt green would benefit me more. but thats just me not everyone will be the same
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I agree its a great idea - this is exactly what we needed a debate with some ace suggestions.

All in favour say 'Aye'

Rob

'aye '
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

'Aye' number 2

Great idea Simon. At least that way you don't end up winning something you haven't really got a place for. A nice S/H SP168 + PSU, modded to 230v single phase with PCAOM, Chiller and Scan set would be luvly Ta

Rob???

Thanks to everyone in general for 'making it so'
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!