Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP :) We Need Big Red...

Hi Steve,
    First thanks for your satisfy our products. yes, a few days hadn't hear from you. how are you? how about your red lasers going on? how about your RGB going on?
    we are looking forward to see your niceful RGB pictures. mate.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Smile

Hi Bridge!
    Things are going well but slowly for me, I've got your Laserwave blue and a green going and mounted, galvos mounted, one red 635 unmounted (need 2- I've got to build one more). I'm trying to build my own galvo amps too, and, well-- slowly.. I'll be posting pics in about a year or two.. hehe.. Hope you're doing well. I do really like that 473 Laserwave. The beam is so small and powerful it fits inside the green beam and when mixed makes a beautiful turquoise aqua blueish-white color which I plan to use a lot. Nice to hear from you again.
    Now back to the thread, already in progress...

Thumbs up

Hey Steve + Aaron -

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I think you mean this one... I think it is 3W and it may be 660, so too "low" for his "project"...
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yeah Aaron, THATS IT!! Thanks for finding that !
    ...it sure is PURTY
    Thanks for sharing that - very cool, Phil!!! I'd actually love it, cause being able to SHOW this client the 'fail-safeER' design would no doubt impress them, cause they ARE gonna ask about mean-time-to-failure data, and even though a single-diode unit might hold up for 10,15,or 20K hours, this sort of design is 'safer', with built-in back-ups - I am sure that any unit we'd design as a prototype in the future would be several 635 modules, for power AND redundancy...

The only issue with the 660 units out there is, if we're gonna throw some pretty good bux 'away' on an x-rental, I'd rather fight to get as much 635 vs 650+, cause we all know watt-for-watt, who 'wins' in the visibility-arena... especially in a non-controllable environment (like outdoors) - brute power and as bright a wavelength as possible, while still red, at least reddish...

Thanks for all the suggestions / help, guys! - Will post pix once we settle on a solution...

peace..
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

The trouble with 635's is the huge divergence from the diodes.. the 650-660's are a lot less. However I opted to go with some mitsubishi 636 diodes even tho the optics have chopped off a fraction of the beam, I do prefer (as you do) the brighter 630's range vs 660. Also 635-636 is ALOT more expensive per diode than 650-660, if you're going high power;150 mW+ per diode.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    The trouble with 635's is the huge divergence from the diodes..
    If you have large galvo mirrors (6mm) you can collimate the beam so it not too big for mirrors but the same time good @ long ranges. It's a pain in arse but can be done.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Thats it - and combining a number of 635's is very easy - its just a matter of stacking the stripes side by side. I think it would be a sinch to get many watts by doing this
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

It would be a nice project for somebody (who has the funds)...
    Any takers?

Hello!
    Problem is to couble more than 150-200mW each diode to a resonable beam... You see, if you couble 4-6 Modules with a 6*6mm and 2mrad beam, you will have a 12*12mm beam with 2mrad, and this isnīt "good enought" I think.
    Opnext has nice new diode, 150mW 642nm with a 17*9° Emitter, so it has a nice beamprofile after asphaeric lens. Problem is, you need to couble ~24pcs. and one only nacked diode costs ~220-250€.
    Greetz
    Phillip

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    Problem is to couble more than 150-200mW each diode to a resonable beam... You see, if you couble 4-6 Modules with a 6*6mm and 2mrad beam, you will have a 12*12mm beam with 2mrad, and this isnīt "good enought" I think.
    Opnext has nice new diode, 150mW 642nm with a 17*9° Emitter, so it has a nice beamprofile after asphaeric lens. Problem is, you need to couble ~24pcs. and one only nacked diode costs ~220-250€.
    Greetz
    Phillip
    Hey Philip! Have you seen these?

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD View Post
    I saw one of the 1W 660s on eBay, but the seller had low feedback and his reserve was not met.

Is your big red still going well?

Not really.

Most of the 635 diodes I have seen have a beam spot of around 6x2mm. stack 3 of these side by side, and you have a 6x6mm beam.

The Optnext diode looks quite nice. I thought it was quite a bit cheaper tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    Greetz
    Phillip
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/