Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP :) We Need Big Red...

I'd like to experiment with one of the 400mW 635's but I'm sure that the price is way out of range, not to mention (if this is a reliable product) MTTF... heh...

Hello!
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I'd like to experiment with one of the 400mW 635's but I'm sure that the price is way out of range, not to mention (if this is a reliable product) MTTF... heh...
    The outputpower will be nice, but I donīt think that you can get better output beam than the chinese Diode Lasers, becouse Emitter is ~100-150ĩm.

Not really.

Most of the 635 diodes I have seen have a beam spot of around 6x2mm. stack 3 of these side by side, and you have a 6x6mm beam.

The Optnext diode looks quite nice. I thought it was quite a bit cheaper tho?
    Yes, the Broadband emitter lasers have a beam of 6*2mm, but this beam will be after ~5meters. At the output you have 6*6mm, or is it only MUCH Corona what will be also messured for the maximum power? I Think not...

Yes, the Diodes are nice, but upon now I havenīt found any better dealer with better prices ! :-(

Greetings,
    Phil

I don't know what I'm saying...
    How about taking a look at this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ML1467.pdf  

And the price of that lil' beauty?

I have a 3W 633nm diode laser system here. Output is a 600um fiber bundle. I kludged together a fiber collimator from stuff in the lab and got a beam about 1" diameter with maybe 5-10mrad divergence. I'm sure that with proper optics, it can do much better. It's based on an SDL-7460-P6 diode module - same as Casey Stack's Big Red system. If you're still looking for a solution, let me know and I'll give you a call.

One other thing to conside is a dye laser. I've been messing with a Laserscope 630 dye head which makes about 10W @ 630nm in a stunningly small, tight beam. Big drawback is that you have to pump it with about 30W of green.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    I have a 3W 633nm diode laser system here. Output is a 600um fiber bundle. I kludged together a fiber collimator from stuff in the lab and got a beam about 1" diameter with maybe 5-10mrad divergence. I'm sure that with proper optics, it can do much better. It's based on an SDL-7460-P6 diode module - same as Casey Stack's Big Red system. If you're still looking for a solution, let me know and I'll give you a call.

One other thing to conside is a dye laser. I've been messing with a Laserscope 630 dye head which makes about 10W @ 630nm in a stunningly small, tight beam. Big drawback is that you have to pump it with about 30W of green.
    Damn man you have too much timeon your hands...

Hey Kevin! -

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post

Yeah, please contact me ASAP RE: yer diode sys, there - I have a back-up plan in motion with just that - a LS dye-head - but it sounds like you have the HP-upgraded version of the 630 - LET'S CHAT ASAP!!!

Thanks, PM-ing you shortly...

J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

same as Casey Stack's Big Red system
    I remember that thread/pics. It was very impressive. How many diodes and what wavelength was that again?

I have 7 plus watts of stable 630nm power and gaining.
    It is a dye module pumped with a Laserscope ktp laser.
    The beam is tight enough to fit on a pair of Cambridge scanners.

You can see it in action under the name fourth of July lasers here.
    http://www.youtube.com/UV99LASER
    Skipp

Lightbulb

Hey Skipp, you only got 9 seconds of video and I did not see any red in those 9 seconds.