Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HELP :) We Need Big Red...

There are 4 or 5 videos of the 4th of July lasers.
    Look at them all.
    Skipp

Could you post a pic of the unit itself (in operation, if possible)?
    Do you re-circulate and chill the dye?

dsli_jon,

Kyle owns big red now so give him a call.

http://www.laseronics.com/

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Laserscope 600 seems to be nice equipment but still it's pulsed, as it's 532nm pump is.
    Too bad my Laserscope 600 is still asleep in LA waiting since 2006 to be shipped to PL (Poland, not Photonlexicon )
    Piotr.K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laserscope_600_dye_PDT_laser_800.jpg  

Laserscope_600_dye22s.jpg  

what's the paper towels for?

Cool Big Red Results...

Sooooo.... Dye lasers are *officially* cool as hell (it was WILD manually-tuning from blood-red ~644-ish down thru HeNe 632 down to (I estimate) 620-ish orange - with the dial of a thumb-wheel!!!!!!! - try THAT with a diode!!!) AND simultaneously a pain in the kiester...

I'd like to work on (yeah, like I'll ever get TIME...) a NON-medical-pumped version of this - I'd imagine, that with the spectacular color and beam-quality possible, you could pump these with a couple off-the-shelf 8-10W Vanadate / LBO (?) units (ie: Viper but less expensive) and get some kickin' power out - if you direct-pumped one of these with 20W of 532, I'd bet you could see 8-10+W of 630nm - all powered by 110V / air-cooled!!!! Try THAT with a diode!! (and match the beam-quality...)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Could you post a pic of the unit itself (in operation, if possible)? Do you re-circulate and chill the dye?
    Yeah, all handled by the 'cutest'-little fan-cooled heat exchanger - quite the little marvel of engineering...I'll post some more pix when I get some time in the 'Roc Shop' in a couple weeks...

Now, imagine if you could perfect a 532-pump-to-Red solution, pick-off some of the 532 to mix-with (would not need much) and combine with 4,5-6W of DPSS Blue??? I think it could - potentially - make one killer quazi-solid-state (at least no gas nor 3Ø and water) WL... at least for aerials - I am sure beam-combining / shaping would be a challenge...

Oh, yeah, and as far as the dye, there's always that 'carcinogenic'-thinggy-aspect, and high-maintenance of a liquid-filled system... so, again, prolly best we just keep holding-out for improvements in Red-diode beam quality... but oh, the TUNABILITY!!!! Super-cool...

Maybe some day... will keep ya's posted, but don't hold yer breath... I've got lists of my lists... sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Kyle owns big red now so give him a call.
    Thanks, Chad - I did contact him, but he got back to me one day before we had to ship-out - maybe next time...

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Laserscope 600 seems to be nice equipment but still it's pulsed, as it's 532nm pump is. Too bad my Laserscope 600 is still asleep in LA waiting since 2006 to be shipped to PL
    Hey, Les - yeah, thus my idea of finding a high-Watt-yield, non-Q-Switched DPSS for the pump... As to your unit, why is it 'stuck' in the US? Perhaps I can help? (since we have an office in LA... PM-me if you wanna chat...

Anyhoo, Dye lasers are cool. 'Nuff said...

peace..
    J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08220.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...