Thread: Showtime Show - Money & Us & Them

Default Showtime Show - Money & Us & Them

Hi

I've been meaning to post this for ages but have never got around to it.

I love watching the show supplied with the Pangolin LD2000 software, Money & Us and Them by Pink Floyd.

The problem is that the music abrubtly cuts off about 20 seconds or so (ish) before the graphics finish. I've lived with it until now but find it really annoying as it spoils what is otherwise a magnificent graphics and abstract show

Is it just happening to me? Does anyone have the music file that lasts right until the bitter end of the graphics ?

Also, does anyone have music for the LDI shows that are distrubuted with the LD2000 kit? I've tried playing some of them with the original music files but they don't synch up too well, I suspect the tracks have been edited by LDI to fit the graphics.

You'll note from the above that i'm just asking the question... Does anyone have the music files?, I'm not asking anyone to pirate the music and send it to me - perish the thought

However, you may like to contact me by PM just to let me know

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

I have the same problem when watching the "Money & Us" show. THe music cuts off too soon. If anyone knows which version of the music I need to get, that would be cool. (Even better if it's available on I-tunes...)

Adam

Lightbulb

Hmmm, I have never noticed. I will watch it to see if it happens on mine. I assume it will. I have had to move a few of the songs on some of the shows to fully match up. Even after we were blessed by the music fairy.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hmm, thats wierd. Is pangolin including the tracks for that show now? I ripped both tracks from the Dark Side CD, put them together in Cool Edit and I have never had a problem. Been using the same file for about 8 or 9 years now. If you have the Dark Side CD you can just sync to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    ...Is pangolin including the tracks for that show now?
    Erm... No.

Funny thing is that they found their way on to the ftp server a while ago, but were quickly removed due to potential copyright/piracy issues. If I recall correctly a good fairy somewhere tipped some PL members off just in time to download them

At this stage can I just point out that I do own the legal copyright to play this music as I already had all the tunes, it's just that some of the downloaded tunes have been edited to match up with the shows.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Well there is no editing envolved in those two shows/tracks. If you just buy the Dark Side CD, then it will match perfectly. Other shows, such as "Music" and "Kryptonite" require editing to get the original song to match with the show. I thought Pangolin was working some type of deal to be able to supply the music with the shows, since some of them are hard to find and others are edited in such a way that its nearly impossible to get it to sync well. Most, maybe all of the free shows from AVI are that way. "Cosmic" is another one.

Lightbulb

When I watched it this morning they both ended at the same moment. It was an abrupt ending, but the music and laser show ended at the exact same time.

Cool

Hmmm... I must have a corrupt version of the song then. Guess I need to re-rip DSM again. No biggie though. Thanks for the tip, David!

As for Pangolin supplying music with their shows - yeah, I remember Bill talking about trying to do that a while back, but if memory serves he was catching all sorts of grief from BMG... Evidently it's a major deal to license music for a syncronized work. (Lots more involved than just getting permission to play the music in the background.) Don't know what the status is on that effort, but I haven't heard Bill talk about it in quite a while. Maybe the deal fell apart.?.

Adam

Ah well, at least I know i'm not alone with these problems

I'll rip the music from the Dark Side CD and try that, thanks for the tip

Thanks guys.

Jem