Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New laser show "Monkeyhands Strange 11"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default New laser show "Monkeyhands Strange 11"

Here's a new abstract show I've been working on. As always, made with LSX and an Etherdream DAC.

Enjoy!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Very cool. I'd love to see it live.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

thanks!

yeah.. there's always a huge quality hit between the live version and the filmed version.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Very cool. I'd love to see it live.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Nice, a lot going on there is spots. Liked the added beams
    leading in trailing technology

Nice work as always Swami! I'm curious, how is the quality of the show when run with other software?

do you mean added lumia? there are no beams, this is all playing from a single scan head running at 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Nice, a lot going on there is spots. Liked the added beams

good question!

i can send you an ilda snip if you want to try it out. it won't have any of my scanning optimization settings, but it would be interesting to see how it plays through your rig.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Nice work as always Swami! I'm curious, how is the quality of the show when run with other software?

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    good question!

i can send you an ilda snip if you want to try it out. it won't have any of my scanning optimization settings, but it would be interesting to see how it plays through your rig.

I'd be honored. I'll PM you my email address. Will it be tonight? If so, I'll turn on the water.

come find me on irc and we can hash out the details. i'm around right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'd be honored. I'll PM you my email address. Will it be tonight? If so, I'll turn on the water.

i exported an ilda sequence to dz. he imported it into his pangolin ion system and beautiful light happened.

we're both in agreement that the ilda file format is rubbish, but it was still cool to see this work.

oh, and i'm totally jealous of his beam specs.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    come find me on irc and we can hash out the details. i'm around right now.