Thread: Help with Lasever Module

Default Help with Lasever Module

Hi. Can't remember if I got this from Dave or Lasever directly, but its a 532nm 150mW module that's between a year and 2 old. Haven't used it in a while, but just tried plugging it in and it goes strong at >200mW for a few tens of seconds, then cuts out completely and turns on the overheat indicator.

Does anyone perhaps know the pinouts to the cable connecting the head to the PSU so I can try debugging the problem? Its a D-sub 9 pin cable, but it only uses 6 of the pins. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Lightbulb

Send a PM to "lasever" here and/or an email to sales at lasever (.) com with a link to this thread. Others here may also know, but David is fairly good about trying to support his prodicts. I also sent a 150mw 532 to uk_laser for parts. He may have an idea.

Do you have both the head and driver heat sinked? At least on a nice slab of metal? They get too hot otherwise.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

D'oh, sorry for being a total moron guys! I went to try tracing parts of the circuit board when I realized it listed right on there which connections went to where! Oh well, lasers still screwed though. I disabled the overheat shut-off, but it seems like the TEC is most likely dead because it peaks up to a strong 270mW, then continually and steadily drops down to <10mW over the course of the next few minutes (even with ample heatsinking). This now marks Lasever 150mW 532nm module 2 out of 2 that's effectively died on me . Guess I'll have to stick to more reliable companies in the future.