Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Got White!! :)

congratulations..................., Marc, great, wonderful, very impress working..
    the pictures is really beautiful, love it.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Mark-

your projector is much "neater" than mine! lol...thats for sure! im workin on it though.

-Marc
    I was actually thinking how nicely laid out your projector was... looks a superb job...

Since adding a diffraction wheel to mine, it is not so neat anymore... Will get some pictures out when it is complete...

What is the output on yours? It looks very bright, mine is about a watt balanced... But ony 350mw of red as it is 635nm..

Keep the pics coming, we like pics

Cheers
    Mark

thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! and YES...i will be at selem.

bob-(cdbeam)-

yes,there was fog in the room. it definitely makes it easier to see how your white balance is. makes the colors "flow" into each other. and plus, it looks DAMN SEXY!!!

Bridge-

Thanks so much!! your 473 blue in there is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! it has performed flawlessly since i got the unit. and its DEFINITLEY putting out over 200mW!!

mark-
    i appreciate the compliments. the problem im running into is that im trying to squish everything in a small area. and i will NEVER use a pre-drilled base plate again!! NOTHING lines up correctly!!!

oh, the unit is pushing about 800mW at balance. i dont have a meter anymore so i cant give an exact number. but its in that range.

oh, i made an album on here last night. TONS of pics-

http://www.photonlexicon.com/gallery...ottaluvlasers/ have fun!

-Marc

Default Output ratio

Hi Marc and Mark,

Yes, both nice pictures!
    Can you please tell us the molules output ratio RGB?
    Is it 400mW 635nm- 200mW 532nm- 200mW 473nm?

Another thing is that I wonder where you bought the dichro's.
    I seen the Blue is joining the beam as last one.
    According to the specifications of the dichro's (found here: http://www.laser-wave.com/eproduct_s...assid=43&id=35 ) Red should be at placed last.

Because blue modules are the most expensive one, It's great to place them as last one because of the loss of output by the the dichro's. Were are theise dichro's come from?

Xxx Audrey.

Cool

Audrey;

Edmund optics sells dichros that will pass green and red and reflect blue. So if you buy the right dicrho from them, you can put the blue last in the chain. (Which, as you pointed out, makes good economic sense because blue is so darned expensive!) I think Mark bought his dichros from Edmunds, not Laser-Wave.

Adam

Hi Audrey-

Yes, these are Edmund Optics Dichro filters.

( http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...=2433&search=1 )

I also bought a pair from...crap....i cant remember who it was on here....i think "Jian." a set of dichros in the mounts. i am not using them. i decided to use the bigger Edmund ones. so if you need a set, i have a brand new set in th mounts. (reflect red, reflect blue)

Blue is always last, like adam said, because they are so expensive. so, loss of even a couple mW's is an unbearable thought. lol. where as red and green (cost/mW) is much less forgiving.

i have my ratios of colors as follows (This formula is a theoretical balance. every eye is different, but i guess its mathematically correct)-

RED (635) 42.48%
    GREEN (532) 25.09%
    BLUE (473) 32.42%

so this was *supposed* to be a 600mW White Light system.

RED (635)- 252mW
    GREEN (532)- 150mW
    BLUE (473)- 192mW

Obviously, you cant buy a laser module at "252 mW" or "192mW" so i aways round laser powers UP. (does anyone disagree with MORE laser power?? )

RED- 300mW
    GREEN- 200mW
    BLUE- 200mW

Hope this helps. what are you building?? or what do you currently have?

-Marc

Hi Marc and Adam,

Thanks for the info, This is what I need right now! (<--- PL, please add new smilies like Hot Lips or a Heart)

My lasers are:
    1x 400 mW 532nm analog, 24K M9024 galvo.
    1x 300 mW 532nm analog, 24K M9024 galvo.
    1x RGB ~200 mW TTL, 15K galvo.

Right now I'm at the point to built my next laserset.
    I still have to find out the right parts, so this thread is a good help.
    My budget is limited to 3500 euro's (5000USD ???)
    It should have a balanced white of course and maximum output...

I was thinking about the next modules:
    250mW 473nm + 300mW 532nm + 500mW 635nm.
    Maybe not the perfect ratio (according to Adam's great post about this in another thread) but I have to start somewere.
    LaserWorld and Medialas are having quite fast galvo sets (45-50K), but I think the lasers modules can't do this speed.

You white pictures gave my a warm feeling, I jumped in the air and said to my dog that this is gonna be my next project.

LOL-

Lasers are SOOO addicting, ESPECIALLY after seeing other pics. its VERY addicting. and unfortunatley for us...NOT a cheap addiction!!

if you have a $5,000 budget (or approx) budget, you can build yourself a pretty decent RGB.

I dont have current pricing. but my guess is around a 600mW-800mW or even more RGB could be built with that budget. ESPECIALLY if you purchase with the intention on gradually upgrading.

blue is obviously going to be the most expensive. but just looking at some of the older pricing i have, you can easily and sufficiently get yourself into 700-800mW of white with some pretty decent manufactuers. skimp a little here and there and you could probably even go higher in powers.

my suggestion, ESPECIALLY for your blue purchase would be to stick with Laserwave. (Bridge on here). A little bit more pricey than say "Lasever," BUT- a FAR superior (in my opinion) product. I have had *NO* problems with any of my lasers (Viasho, Lasever and Laserwave), but Bridge and his products are Excellent. Plus, Bridge LIVES on this forum!! and is always willing to answer questions and help out!!!

Any other questions, feel free to ask. im No Adam (Buffo) or anything, lol, But i could do my best.

-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! and YES...i will be at selem.

oh, i made an album on here last night. TONS of pics-

http://www.photonlexicon.com/gallery...ottaluvlasers/ have fun!

-Marc
    You really have an eye for a great picture. These photos tell quite a wealth of information with no words.

James.

Hi,

I got a Lasever red and CNI green and blue.. They weigh in at:

350mw of 635nm
    312mw of 532nm
    330mw of 473nm

The great thing is that the blue is only rated at 200mw, so I got lucky
    The photo's are of them all running full power, nothing wound back.. So by more luck than judgement they balance perfectly.

Adam, you are right, I got my optics from Edmund. Had a bit of trouble with the reflect blue optic at first, but they replaced it very quickly..

I use Laserworld 50k scanners in mine and they do the job and at a very cheap price... Also I have had nothing but top service from Martin Werner at Laserworld...

Keep us posted on the build Audrey, and don't forget,,, Loads a pics

Mark