Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics

Default pics

Hmm, a rather important part seems to be missing.... Maybe I could just use a flashlight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails asd.JPG  

qwe.JPG  

zxc.JPG  

Thumbs up

DAMN that is looking good! What are you looking to place in the vacant spot?

You did all this with the knee? If you could do all that I think you could have made it to Skycraft... I had to show Adam around the place. You can imagine how much of the palce he missed with me as a guide.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

DAMN that is looking good! What are you looking to place in the vacant spot?
    I'm not really sure yet, I was thinking of putting one of the Viasho units there, but this projector can support having an ion since it has a big aluminum plate that attaches to the back of it, which is about 6 feet long!

You did all this with the knee? If you could do all that I think you could have made it to Skycraft... I had to show Adam around the place. You can imagine how much of the palce he missed with me as a guide.
    I did most of it prior to the knee thing. I'm back on my feet know, not 100% but close enough that I was able to finish all the electrical work yesterday. Now I'm working on the mirror mounts. I'm really alot closer to being done with this than I thought I was. I really wish I could have made it down there last week, I hear you guys had a pretty good time! Maybe next time I wont have a stupid ass injury like this, my wife already said she isn't going to let me do any more home improvement projects without her checking my work area first!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08462.JPG  

Cool

David, you continue to amaze me! That thing is a friggin' work of ART! Dude, you need to quit your day job and go into business building projectors full time. Seriously.

Can't wait to see that thing in operation at SELEM! And yeah, Skycraft was pretty cool. I need to go back there when I've got more time so I can spend like 6 hours just browsing. I just know I could spend a couple grand in there if I wasn't careful!

Adam

Thanks for the kind words, Adam! With enough tools (and time), I really think I could get this down to about 1/4th the size. However, with SELEM and Oct. fast approaching, its just going to have to be a big machine. I just finished putting some of the home-made mirror mounts on with mirrors and beam splitters and so far everything is working the way I expected it to.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08467.JPG  

Hey DZ,

Are you using a Bi-Polor pwr supply with the Logic Systems GM-20 driver board or just Gnd and + ? And, can you take a closer pic of it, I'm interested in the heat
    sink set-up you used.

Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Hey DZ,

Are you using a Bi-Polor pwr supply with the Logic Systems GM-20 driver board or just Gnd and + ? And, can you take a closer pic of it, I'm interested in the heat
    sink set-up you used.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hey Mark, I'm using a +15V 6Amp Meanwell power supply. Single ended. I thought about using a bi-polar supply, but for my application, there really is no need for it. I built the heat sink from a 1" by 1" square aluminum tube, which I cut one end off so it kinda like a long C. I also insulated each amp with mica, which I really didn't need since the heat sink it just floating. So far, in testing, it does get a bit more warm that I like, so I may add a small fan, which should be enough, if not, it will be easy to just attach more aluminum to it. I guess you have one of these? Do you use Pangolin to control it? I'm still having a bug in Live! that wants to turn on output 8 and 9 at the same time. Anyway, here are some pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08473.JPG  

DSC08474.JPG  

DSC08475.JPG  

Hey DZ,

I do have one but, I'm not using it at the moment. The reason I was asking is because I believe the heat sink is at the negitive potential. I was curious
    how you handled the isolation. Thanks for the pics.

Mark

I have a <1mw pointer you could stuff in it if you want it

Seriously, it's awesome! Your work that is
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!