Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardware list for SELEM 2008

Smile Hardware list for SELEM 2008

A few people have asked me to start a list of the equipment that we'll have at SELEM. If you're going to be attending SELEM, please reply with a list of the hardware you're planning to bring.

I'll have my ~600 mw solid state RGB projector, running off a Pangolin QM-2000 intro board. I may also have my HGM5 Argon (with the new ALC 903 tube) running off an older Pangolin QM-32 system. (No blanking on that system, and it might not make it to the event... It depends on whether I get the PSU work on the HGM5 finished in time or not.) I'll also have my copy of Mamba Black & dongle, so I'll be able to play some of those shows as well.

I'll have a bare optical plate wired up with a 100 mw DPSS green laser that we can use to install, test, and tune scanners.

The 9 ft square scrim we had at FLEM Mark II will be set up at the edge of the stage. I'll be bringing my Antari 1200Z fogger and a few fans to keep the auditorium fogged up. I'll also have a 16 channel mixer set up on stage so we can connect multiple audio sources to the sound system.

As always, I'll bring an assortment of tools, cables, and test equipment, including my oscilloscope and my LaserCheck. Tables and chairs are available at the venue in abundance. Wireless internet is also available in the lobby and at the very back of the auditorium seating area.

3 phase power (208) is available if you need it. 220 single phase (50 amps) is also available. Let me know well in advance if you need 220 V power.

Adam

I can bring some computers, monitors, an ADAT, a modified Echo Layla 24/96.

I was hoping to not have to bring my laser rig. It's not very bright anyway and it's pretty fragile ~ and heavy too!

I can also bring a big roll of cat 5 and a 16 port switch, if that would help.

James.

Lightbulb

Heh, there is too much time between now and August for me to get, kill, and get something else... I'll have to hold off on my formal reply.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    I was hoping to not have to bring my laser rig. It's not very bright anyway and it's pretty fragile ~ and heavy too!
    Unless it's going to be a major problem, we encourage everyone to bring their lasers and *especially* to bring their projectors. Even if yours is a low power home-built rig, it's fun to see how different people have set their projectors up. Also, since the auditorium is *very* dark with the lights off (like, basically a cave), you don't need a lot of power to be visible. A little fog goes a long way when the room is dark.
    I can also bring a big roll of cat 5 and a 16 port switch, if that would help.
    That might allow us to solve the problem of internet access in the auditorium. Right now we don't have a way to offer internet connectivity on the stage. If your cable will reach from the lobby to the back stage area, however, then we might be able to put a wireless router back there. I need to check with Reggie to see where the closest ethernet jack is. Need to be sure we'll be within the 100 meter limit...

Adam

we encourage everyone to bring their lasers and *especially* to bring their projectors
    Well... OK. But promise not to laugh. It's old, crusty, noisy, blows a lot of hot air, a complete waist of energy and it has gas.... No, wait. That's me!

James.

PS I would sure like to replace what I have with an SS RGB system of at least similar power!

Seen here:
    http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/
    Last edited by James Lehman; 06-24-2008 at 20:39.

Talking

Yea, nothing complicated... I remember a joke abou... from FLEM II. Something about how many phone guys does it take to get a DSL modem going...

I plan on bringing my RGY projector which is currently equipped with some "50K" LaserWorld scanners/amps. A 190mW Maxzy module and a unknown Chineese 150mW green running on a Pangolin QM-2000 on my Dell laptop. I'm hoping to have higher output analog red and green lasers by then along with a blue..... I hope! Let me know if their is anything else I should/can/must bring. I'd be glad to help.

P.S. I'd really like to see some high output argon lasers (If power requirements and cooling are available.) along with some high output DPSS lasers.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 06-24-2008 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Let me know if their is anything else I should/can/must bring.
    Holly crap!

1. a modified USB 6 or 8 channel sound device
    2. a network card
    3. permission to send you some waves!

Just think! If we get a nice LAN going, we won't even have to look at or talk to each other... just like now!

James.

If I can convince myself to fly to NC from WA, I'll be there with my 3 Watt 532nm DPSS w/ DT40s. (all on a Mobo platform for versatility's sake)

There is actually a chance I'll actually go as I just found out a good friend is flying over there with his wife that very same weekend so.. -it's such a coincidence I figure I should go too. We'll see.

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Holly crap!

1. a modified USB 6 or 8 channel sound device
    2. a network card
    3. permission to send you some waves!

Just think! If we get a nice LAN going, we won't even have to look at or talk to each other... just like now!

James.
    Hey James,
    Can do....
    I'd be interested in trying the Laserboy system. I can solder up anything and have plenty of sound cards. (Will a Creative audigy2 PCI card work well?) Please send me a link or details to constructing the hardware and I'll get started.
    Thanks!
    Adam