Thread: Dodgy ALC68 on Ebay - Maybe a Beware?

Default Dodgy ALC68 on Ebay - Maybe a Beware?

Hmmmm....
    This is a couple of pictures posted from the guy @ the Fireworkstore supposedly of the beam from his ALC68 currently up for grabs on EBay with a reserve of £1400.
    I am suggesting that the beam shown is not from the 68 and is indeed from a green pointer. It's the wrong colour for one thing considering he has no colour control on it and it doesn't even seem to be actually coming from the head more likely coming from his hand area!

Sounds like a scam to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l1.jpg  

l2.jpg  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

What a tit!
    I just hope some poor bugger inst duped by this clown.
    Maybe it works - he does say he will accept cash on collection - and you could always refuse to hand over the green until its working but this does not help the cause...
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Looks decidedly dodgy to me.

if he had 2 brain cells to bang together he could have shone the pointer from behind the camera onto the scanners to seem like the laser was running but still would have only fooled the uninitated.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Is there a way with E-Bay that you can warn them (E-Bay) that this guy appears to be running a scam judging by the pictures posted ??
    This, before some one gets screwed !!

yeah you can flag it
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    yeah you can flag it
    How do you do that Aijii ?

I also sent him an email last night explaining his actions as I originally expressed an interest in this item when it was first put on EBay.
    This was his reply:

Dear smogthemog,

I am posting this as I believe the message from smogthemog is completely relevant.

The laser is currently held with a colleague hence the error and misunderstanding and under no circumstances was I seeking to mislead anyone.

The photos posted earlier were not of the laser being sold. My colleague was simply too lazy to fire up the laser and take some photos and I was too busy to view the replies posted on EBay and photos he uploaded.

I have already stated I would be more than willing to show anyone the laser working prior to bidding or after the auction. Tomorrow 27.06.08 I will take photos of the laser beam and these will be posted in place of the above photo links.

A big thanks to smogthemog for the heads up and I apologise for the confusion.

Anyone wishing to view the laser working is more than willing to call me and arrange a viewing.
    Mark: 07748 555555

--------------------

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

That sounds a bit more promising - though I do constantly despair of people who put stuff on ebay but cant be arsed doing it properly due to their lazyness. I cant be arsed dealing will ebayers at the moment which is the reason I have not listed anything for sale for about 2 years. If you want to sell something do it properly and with some enthusiasm!
    Still too expensive though....

Rob

I like the answer to the question about use - "after being regassed about 5 years ago. Since then it has done one or two shows a month, I do not have a record of how long the tube has been run. Not that much"

if used for 4 hours a night thats approaching 500 hours - which I dont consider 'not that much'!!! 20-30 hours is not that much.....

Rob

Hi guys,
    I've just been looking through old posts and came across this post, I have recently bought an ALC68 and I believe it to be this unit. I didn't pay any thing like £1400 for it only £300, its fully working but im having trouble controlling the amps to the tube as there was no controller supplied. Interesting as I bid for it on Ebay and lost to a guy in Birmingham, I chased him a bit and got the laser. It was advertised as having about 35hrs since the tube was regassed about 7 years ago so makes sense to this post. The pic with the listing that has been added here is dodgy as you can see a hand holding a laser pointer, you can clearly see the galvos and the beam isn't coming from them.
    As I say the laser is working but when I first got is some doughnut wired it a uk 13A plug with the fuse by-past, I quickly replaced this with a 32a plug and the tube amps shot up to 29a from the 11a it was showing before. It then proceeded to blow all the fuses by the output transistors, not good at that level. I have now replaced the fuses and its all back to life but as soon as it ignites it goes to 40a, I don't know if this is a true output but I turn it off straight away, I need to get the power down obviously but im struggling to do this without a controller, does anyone have an ides if the min and max can be set on the logic card in the power supply? Does anyone have schematics to build a new controller?
    All advice is gratefully received.
    Thanks Tony