Thread: Lasercope fiber optics and blanking

Default Lasercope fiber optics and blanking

I think all this has been said before but in so many different places its hard to follow.

With the expected losses when usig a fiber, are these fibers able to manage such high powers like 60w.

What I am thinking to do is split a 60w laserscope output into two beams as an option from one scan head into two scan heads, using them as required.

Blank each of these beams using two sepperate signals Like Green + ( ILDA).

Feed each beam to a fiber coupler.

Run each fiber into two remote scan heads.

Drive each scan head with two sepperate x/y signals.
    ( Basically two pangolin cards dedicated for each scan head)

Also do I need a simple 532nm 50/50 beam splitter?

What and where can I buy a set of suitable fibers with colliamators and input couplers.

What divergence could I expect from the fiber collimator if say the beam was permitted to be as much as 6mm.

Am I thinking all wrong or is this feasable.

Does anyone know the typical un-collimated beam specs of these laserscope 800 & 700 series.

Anyone got a service manual fr a laserscope zfold system for sale?

Anyone got comlpete details of blanking a laserscope with a galvo.

Last one, sorry for so many questions, what to do with the blanked beam, aim it at a dark matt coloured stone that has cooling?

Andy

A- Does your laser actually produce 60 watts on a power meter or are those "marketing watts". (I have it from a pretty good source that 60 watts measured is sort of hard to do) Because doing it with 40 watts is approximately 30% easier than 60 watts.

B-You would have twice the potential for success rate if you made 4 remotes.

C-Independent blanking doubles your complexity (when using w remotes)

D-With 2 fibers I would recommend >300 micron (probably more like 600), 4 fibers you might get lucky if you are good friends with a lepricon using 200 micron.

E-You really cant buy things commercially (that I know of unless it is Laser Fantasy intnl) Chime in DSLI JON! He may have something or an easy solution.

F-Typical un-collimated beam specs from a laserscope can range from crappy milliradians to totally shitty milliradians and possibly worse.

Unlike an ION laser with a very skinny low divergent single mode laser beam, a laserscope has a very high divergent multi mode beam (that can change and drift) which is very hard to deal with, i'm not gonna say it is impossible (because i have done it), but it isnt easy... There are many problems that will have to be overcome to be successful that only R&D and Trial and Error can accomplish. Everyone has thought of this, many have tried and a few are successful.

Mixed gas may want to chime in here at this point because he might shoot me right out of the water with an easy solution...Take it away Steve!

60w was just for reference as some laser scopes seem to go this high, am just thinking of covering my ass with optics that can easily handle larger power.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    60w was just for reference as some laser scopes seem to go this high, am just thinking of covering my ass with optics that can easily handle larger power.
    Laserman, Precision Projection in Ceritos make this kind of fiber and coupler in a light show optimized, but expensive version. ie CF connectors, 7' slant on the fiber face to prevent back reflection, heavy flexible rubber jacket etc. what they probably dont make is the laserscope to parallel beam adapter, and I found that to require much experimentation. it is NOT easy, and if I had to do it again I would use at least 600 u or larger fiber, as we couldnt couple squat down a 200 u, which the customer bought 3 of before I got there. I know a professional medical fiber supplier that is inexpensive who can make the fibers, but if I posted his name here he would sue me for the cost of changing his phone number, loss of market because of changing the number and treble damages per pennslyvannia law. so andy PM me if you want his number.

I did have good luck with One Stop Laser Shop's newest 30/70 and 50/50 dielectric dichros, they did take the power at ~30 watts no problem, even with a deliberate finger print on them.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Laserman, Precision Projection in Ceritos make this kind of fiber and coupler in a light show optimized, but expensive version. ie CF connectors, 7' slant on the fiber face to prevent back reflection, heavy flexible rubber jacket etc. what they probably dont make is the laserscope to parallel beam adapter, and I found that to require much experimentation. it is NOT easy, and if I had to do it again I would use at least 600 u or larger fiber, as we couldnt couple squat down a 200 u, which the customer bought 3 of before I got there. I know a professional medical fiber supplier that is inexpensive who can make the fibers, but if I posted his name here he would sue me for the cost of changing his phone number, loss of market because of changing the number and treble damages per pennslyvannia law. so andy PM me if you want his number.

I did have good luck with One Stop Laser Shop's newest 30/70 and 50/50 dielectric dichros, they did take the power at ~30 watts no problem, even with a deliberate finger print on them.

Steve
    I am less worried about back reflection than I am about coupling efficiency and through put efficiency. Lets say hypothetically i were to do this again??? I would only use NEWPORT microscope objective pin vise very precision mounts, and none of it is cheap (all located within inches of the output coupler). I am not aware of OSLS technology or effectiveness when dealing with the nasty beam that comes out of laserscopes. What worked well for me was breaking the beam into 4 parts and using the parts I described above. But then again, I had an unlimited budget and quite a bit of experience using fibers. It is not easy. DSLI JON needs to chime in as well as OSLS.

Default kt laserscope

Hi Guys

Jon definitely knows everything about laserscope, here is the little light, THANKS JON!!
    Jon cut medical computer (a few hours of work)
    install your own driver controller, tuner, top 40W( a lot hours of work, a lot,
    cut metal cut cables, test cables, tunning drivers etc etc a lot!)
    hours
    days
    days
    days
    weeks
    weeks
    I installed a small computer (a lot hours to build and test the circuits) to mitigate the 40W when it turn on using the same medical parts, 1 shutter mechanism, power meter. many hours of work!.....XY and blanking scanner using my old stuff, a lot hours of work
    thanks to Jon!

see you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ktp40.JPG  

ktp40-3.JPG  

ktp-40 front.JPG  

ktp-computer.JPG  

ktp-laserscope.JPG  

I bought 2 fiber optic system from presicion projector systems PPSX, Carl, I install only for a show, He has spliter mirror etc all you need for fiber optic sytem. the system suport only 10w per fiber, using 100u, I use 2*10w fiber and other 20w scanner witout fiber.