Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of 457??

Default Pics of 457??

anyone have an RGB system with a 457 blue in it?? i am trying to compare a 457 vs a 473. pics of it in action??

im actually considering adding in a 457 to the RGB im building. club may go for it.

-Marc

I have pics of a 457 standalone, let me know if you want those.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Hi Marc

I have seen 450nm (i believe) in a whitelight at the Roger Waters gig - the blue was out of this world. Electric, nice violetty blue that is bordering on playing the same visual trix as the blu ray diodes. It made for gorgeous blue, violet, magenta & pink colours that I havent seen before - absolutely funkin beautiful!
    I certainly would say the benefit of the colour gamut overides the halving of the visual brightness though the cost of 457 dpss (and indeed the diodes @ 450nm) is crazy prohibitive at the moment. Can we drive it down by popularising it?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    I have pics of a 457 standalone, let me know if you want those.
    Yes Ben, take some of you melles and post them. Have you got that beast on a set of scanners yet?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I certainly wouldn't mind having a 2W 460nm OPSL like these: http://www.coherent.com/downloads/TAIPAN_DS.pdf

Unfortunately they're pretty hard to come by and I have no idea of the price. You can only get them from Coherent's certified integrators, i.e. KVANT, LOBO, etc., and I'm not sure they're even selling them separately.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I have seen 450nm (i believe) in a whitelight at the Roger Waters gig
    Close. That would be 445 nm, from one of the Arctos units they're using. Yeah, I've been told that it's an amazing color. Still, it's way low on the eye sensitivity curve, so you need a lot of it... Plus the 445 nm Nichia diodes are stupid-expensive...
    Can we drive it down by popularising it?
    Doubt it. We can't possibly hope to buy enough of them to affect the production rate. We need to find a killer ap that uses those diodes... Something as ubiquitous as a microwave oven and as cheap as a cordless phone ought to do the trick!

Adam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Something as ubiquitous as a microwave oven and as cheap as a cordless phone ought to do the trick!

Adam
    It was really a sad day when they chose 405nm for blu-ray instead of the more eye friendly 445...

Cool

Yeah, but if they had chosen 445 nm, we wouldn't be able to store as much information on a blue-ray disc. Trade-offs - always trade-offs!

Adam

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Yeah, but if they had chosen 445 nm, we wouldn't be able to store as much information on a blue-ray disc. Trade-offs - always trade-offs!

Adam
    I have yet to burn a blu-ray disc... Not really missing anything in my mind. Ignorance is bliss and all that, but I know I am missing 445nm diodes at what 405nm diodes are selling for. I don't even own anything blu-ray, beyond the "flashlight" whitelight pointer. I have seen 445nm in the Lightwave projectors as LDSI and... I am definatly missing 300 or so mW of that in my projector. I am willing to bet everyone here who has used a blu-ray burner for storage, or has a blu-ray player for movies would be willing to give up a gig or so of space to have 445nm diodes take the place of what 405nm diodes are doing right now. We would all be broke... broker than we currently are, but we'd all have 445nm blues creativly mixed in our projectors and blissfully ignorant to the small extra storage capasity 405nm would have given us. I wonder if back reflection is as bad with them as 660.

This is Viasho 1W 457nm blue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0816.JPG  

http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669