Thread: galvo / scanner trouble

Default galvo / scanner trouble

my x scanner is playing up it works fine for a few seconds then goes into self oscillation , is it likley to be the amp or the galvo thats playing up??
    when it is working the x line is a little wriggley, they were fine and i have not tried to tune them they are the cheap chinese ones that look the same as the dt40 pros.

Lightbulb Sorry man, had to be done.

A lil video would help us help you also. Different problems tend to "look" different.

I moved my computer and had to get a longer cable. When I got the cable home I noticed I needed a gender converter for the cable. when I plugged that in I got a weird oscillation sometimes. Turns out there is a short in the converter. It sounds like you got a short somewhere to me, but I am the least experieinced/knowledgeable "senior" member.

I have also had an amp and galvo go bad on different occations. They all look fairly different when you discover them while scanning.

I'm not sure I'd leave that statement about the cheap chinese scanners looking like the dt40s... well, I guess you aren't saying te dt40s look like cheap chinese scanners. I'm just not sure what the translation software might make it look like.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default pics

difficult to get pics now taken the projector apart ,have inspected the amp under a microscope to check for any shorts or stray bits of solder and found nothing also checked all conections again nothing these are the scanners http://www.laserpic.com/Product_galv...nNewLP_30.html
    there must be an electronic fault on the amp thats heat related because it runs from cold for ten mins then starts acting up so i will try to find somone with a damaged set where at least one amp is good

Get a bottle of cold spray from an electronics place and spray a bit on the components when it starts acting up. You can sometimes find heat related problems like that.