Thread: Beam paths in projector?

Default Beam paths in projector?

So I have been building my projector and I have a few questions about combining red and green to get yellow and how to control it. I know I need to get a dichro and a mount but how do I control it ? is there a galvo i hook it too to combine the beams when the dac calls for yellow ? If that is the case how do I get just the red there when I dont need yellow ?

Is it anything like this picture I made ?

Thank you

Liam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  

Hi Liam, I asume you are going to use solid state lasers with either analog or TTL modulation. This will control what color beam makes it to the scanners. The dichro itself is not much more than a piece of glass with an optical coating, which will pass the color green and reflect the color red. The dichro should be mounted to something like an MM-1 so you can have some fine adjustment to keep the beams in alignment. If you do a search here on PL for "near field" and "far field convergence" you should find some great reading on how that all works. But the dicrho itself is not a blanking device, if you want a red beam to the scanners, it will just reflect red to the scanners, if you want a green beam to the scanners, it will just pass the green beam, if you want yellow, it does both, passes the green beam and reflects the red beam.

just like DZ said above ...

theres lots of info here on PL ..

use the search ......

my last post wa abut combining beams

please read the post here

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3844

but also use the search to find out dichros ,,, etc

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hi Liam, I asume you are going to use solid state lasers with either analog or TTL modulation. This will control what color beam makes it to the scanners. The dichro itself is not much more than a piece of glass with an optical coating, which will pass the color green and reflect the color red. The dichro should be mounted to something like an MM-1 so you can have some fine adjustment to keep the beams in alignment. If you do a search here on PL for "near field" and "far field convergence" you should find some great reading on how that all works. But the dicrho itself is not a blanking device, if you want a red beam to the scanners, it will just reflect red to the scanners, if you want a green beam to the scanners, it will just pass the green beam, if you want yellow, it does both, passes the green beam and reflects the red beam.
    LOL I cant believe I did not come to that myself. I like to way over complicate things in my head.

Thank you

Another thing. If you can, put the red laser in place of your mirror, and lose the mirror. You want as little mirrors in there as possible. Each of them is a 1..10% loss.

I've bought dichro's from Laser-wave (username Bridge here on the forum) They should arrive today!

Here is the website which also contains a picture on how to set them up: http://laser-wave.com/eproduct_show....assid=43&id=35

Quote Originally Posted by highvolt View Post
    Another thing. If you can, put the red laser in place of your mirror, and lose the mirror. You want as little mirrors in there as possible. Each of them is a 1..10% loss.

I've bought dichro's from Laser-wave (username Bridge here on the forum) They should arrive today!

Here is the website which also contains a picture on how to set them up: http://laser-wave.com/eproduct_show....assid=43&id=35
    Yes, but having that mirror in place makes alignment much easier

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001