Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Laser meet 3 - confirmation

Hi Jem

I would be most greatfull if you did bring the hazer as I think it would work better with my laser harp. Too much of a blast from a fog machine can trigger the beam sensors. I personaly think a costant haze would work much better than a fog machine for laser shows any way.

And Rob, I,m glad you mentioned the venue PA system is available for the meets use. I May need some longer audio leads. By any chance do you know what type of input connectors are on the amp or mixing desk?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Hi Jem

I would be most greatfull if you did bring the hazer as I think it would work better with my laser harp. Too much of a blast from a fog machine can trigger the beam sensors. I personaly think a costant haze would work much better than a fog machine for laser shows any way.
    Consider it done

I too like a nice light haze rather than a massive blast of fog. Fog is great for liquid sky effects, but for subtle beams and colours a nice light haze is lovely.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Harp as that's one of the things on my to do list. I like the look of the one that uses the Nintendo Wii controller to modulate the sound as you move your hand up and down in each beam.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Nice on Jem

WRT the harp, the electronics are not as elaberet as the one that uses the Wii mote scensor. It just uses 9 light dependent resistors in the overhead cross bar to switch relays which then triggers a MIDI sender board. It work just as Jarre's dose. Must do a little thread about it one day. I built the Harp as a bit of an electronics challeng for my self.

Thanks again Jem

Carl

Look forward to seeing it Carl.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Nice on Jem

WRT the harp, the electronics are not as elaberet as the one that uses the Wii mote scensor. It just uses 9 light dependent resistors in the overhead cross bar to switch relays which then triggers a MIDI sender board. It work just as Jarre's dose. Must do a little thread about it one day. I built the Harp as a bit of an electronics challeng for my self.

Thanks again Jem

Carl
    Hey, no worries, glad to be of service

I'm really looking forward to seeing the harp. I have some schematics etc., from Shobley but as yet haven't done anything about it.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I hope you are going to use a little multiline gasser for the harp Jem - now that would be COOL I have a linear defraction grating here that would give you a nice line of pretty colours
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

A multi-coloured Laser Harp !?!

Even Jarre hasn't done that.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I hope you are going to use a little multiline gasser for the harp Jem - now that would be COOL I have a linear defraction grating here that would give you a nice line of pretty colours
    Hi Jim

I think initially i'l be using a 'spare' Laserwave 300mw 532nm. It's one of the small footprint ones. I want to try and reduce everything down into as small box as possible. Also, I want to build one with 'infinate' beams, or in other words without any beam termination sensors.

Perhaps when I get that all working i'll look at using 'gas' power

Thanks for the offer on the diffraction grating, that would probably look cool, but i'm not sure it would work. I intend to use a scaneco20 galvo (also sat on my bench as a 'spare') for producing the beams.

Also looking at turning the beam colours from green to red as you stick your hand in the beam and also changing the colours through orange/yellow as the hand is moved up and down in the beam andthe sound is modulated - Or is that just in my dreams

I seem to be accumulating quite a lot of 'spare' parts

Jem

It's been a while since we had a list of who's likely to attend the meet and we're only just over a week away. Here's the last list that Andy_Con put together, do we have anyone to add?

fluff
    Andy_con +1
    Insanity
    Jem
    Wiring monkey
    Chaosillumination +1
    Pelosh
    Stanwax +1
    Kevski
    Smogthemog
    Xntrix
    Banthai
    Carl b
    P1t8ull
    soforene
    kevin + friend (cant remember his name)
    badger1666

I can put some name badges together for everyone. This is of course mainly for my benefit as it makes it easy for me to recognise everyone, then I don't have to look/sound stupid when I can't remember your name.

Jem

On the subject of name tags, if anybody has kept hold of the lanyards that were provided last time (provided by our yorkshire correspondent from his own pocket), please bring them along to reuse them and hold onto them for future use.

Also bear in mind that I will be going round collecting money to pay for the small cost incurred for the venue. On current numbers this looks like it wil be around a fiver each - Im sure you will agree thats a small amount to pay for a venue of this size for the full day.

See you all there!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk