Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Laser meet 3 - confirmation

umm not heard from kevin either, will e-mail him as well.

sadly Robin wont be there, his wife is expecting, so best regards to robin and hope everything goes well.

i think we should do what we normally do and just go with the flow.

but as mentioned in another thread, pointing all the lasers in one direction is a good idea
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default Us too...

Two of us should be coming down to this meet again, hopefully wedged into Jem's car if he can squeeze us between the flightcases.

Neil

Exclamation

I as well thought that originally we were talking about 2 days,but nevermind..
    I will try to bring my rear projection screen if I'll squeeze it into my little car so if anyone will want to show something interesting be prepared!

Safety and Risk Assesment is such a great idea! (that could actually take few hours on saturday evening if we would be there overnight and someone with good knowledge is willing to explain, so than on sunday we would all know what we are actually doing (burning some retinas:-))

anyone got a projector they would bring and ill try rig up laser graffiti???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    anyone got a projector they would bring and ill try rig up laser graffiti???
    Yes, if there's space in Jems car then I can bring one. I'd like to try the graffiti thing too.

Neil

OK, OK - I did a Google for 'Laser Grafitti' and the first hit was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWcAkxzkv4

How the heck does that work?

SO cool
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    OK, OK - I did a Google for 'Laser Grafitti' and the first hit was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWcAkxzkv4

How the heck does that work?

SO cool
    I guess the trick is in setting up a camera to point at a screen (or building!) that is projected on to with a video projector, matching the size of view with size of projection area.

Feed the camera output into PC videograbber, get some software to filter and detect high brightness points of light (I guess filtering for 532nm green would be ideal).

Then just 'brush' pixels onto the video projector area where the spot of light is detected with some smart software, so it looks like the laser pointer has 'drawn' on the surface.

I tried something similar once with a camera pointed at a large screen doing the old analogue style feedback, but rather than a laser pointer used a special strobe projector to flash dots onto the screen. It sort of worked but soon got very messy.

were my site not down i would show you my attempt at doing it
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy...

Craig (aka Wiring Monkey) will be coming with me, i'll also have Neil (ChaosIllumination) and his GF in the car.

If there's room I can put my FastFold 8' x 6' Front/Rear projection screen in to use with Neils projector.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

ok cool .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat