Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate RGB Projector ???

Default The Ultimate RGB Projector ???

This is probably old news, but I was reading the specs of this unit and... Err, well take a look for yourself:

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...s/rgb-dpss.pdf

Now that's what I call a *nice* projector - Did I read that right.. Average power above 18 watts of white light . I notice it was launched in 2000, I guess there should be some coming onto the second hand/user market anytime now

Time to start saving up I guess

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I have seen this laserprojector last year at ITEC (simulation exhibition) but they didn't bring it this year. Maybe because Rheinmetall bought the whole jenoptik group.

Btw, they designed this lasersource for VGA projection (raster) not vectorprojection with galvos

They demonstrated Daytime and NVG (night vision goggle) capabilities. The setup was that they hooked it up to a flight simulator flying in 'daytime'. This looks just like a normal VGA projector, but only a lot brighter! Image quality was amazing. The cool thing was that they could put the simulation to 'night time'. You almost couldnt see anything on the display, unless you put the NVG goggles on. appearantly, they had a RGBir setup, so 4 different wavelengths, one of them in the IR spectrum which the NVG goggles could pick up.

I asked for a price last month at ITEC, and they said something around 60k euro.
    (there is a tornado simulator out there that has 14 of these projectors )
    Last edited by highvolt; 07-01-2008 at 08:08.

Laser Image BV has some of those units, on the InQontrol 2008 rave they used one as central laser (and +- 10 more greens 2-6 watt):

jem i recently saw a 5watt rgb in action at the big club. dpss

not that bright to be honest, was expecting better
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Had better hope your blink responce is faster than your hand boy!

Lex

Yeah, that's some audience scannin' alright... ouch..

two m/s later that evening

Lex

Shall we leave the audience-scanning subject in the topic about audience scanning and focus on this subject? These photographs are just general photographcs from Q-Dance (organisation) so please use them in that topic if you like. Just stop filling other topics like this one with the discussion about audience. Please.

who said that ?????????????
    lex

ahahahahaha.......................................