Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fb3...straight Beam?

try this:
    in settings>projector settings, change the "minimum points at output" slider as far left as you can. Minimum appears to be 8 points. If your dot in the draw window has 8 points , then these should all be visable. Not sure what effect this might have on other graphics though.
    B.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fuzcub View Post
    try this:
    in settings>projector settings, change the "minimum points at output" slider as far left as you can. Minimum appears to be 8 points. If your dot in the draw window has 8 points , then these should all be visable. Not sure what effect this might have on other graphics though.
    B.
    ..............................................+1

I'm not completely sure about the FB3 software, but I know in LD for the QM2K, it has to do with the tracks. So if you only have a single point in a frame, it will just display that point for a very very short period of time, then deal with the other tracks, whether they have points or not. So if you want just 1 static beam, you can always just put in a point, then renumber the frame to around 200 points and it will spend more time displaying the points in that track, thus giving a brighter beam. And the only true way to get the absolute maximum brightness, is to display an abstract. Again, I don't know if this is exactly how the FB3 works, but its probably close.

just my 2 cents...

obviously Pangolin is a FAR superior software control, BUT...for something as simple as "Beam Targeting" it is VERY bad. nothing against the software. its still a 9 out of 10. but, for something as simple and useful as beam targeting you need to go through hell and high water to accomplish it.

i would still choose pangolin every day of the week and twice on sundays compared to every other software, but that tool is an IMPERATIVE fix (in my opinion) to make the software perfect.

ill be honest, thats about the only thing holding me back from buying LD2000. I use Full Auto (OSLS) and to do a beam effect, you click the window, and move the mouse to move the beam. i can make a 200 beam matrix with mirror targeting in about 5 minutes. in pangolin, that would take about 8 hours.

unless someone knows something different...???

-Marc

Well, have you used the LD2K software for setting up beam targets? It is very easy, there's an option to turn on that makes the beam out of the projector follow the mouse, so setting up bounce mirrors is very easy. You'll have plenty of time to play with LD2K at SELEM!

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    just my 2 cents...

obviously Pangolin is a FAR superior software control, BUT...for something as simple as "Beam Targeting" it is VERY bad. nothing against the software. its still a 9 out of 10. but, for something as simple and useful as beam targeting you need to go through hell and high water to accomplish it.

i would still choose pangolin every day of the week and twice on sundays compared to every other software, but that tool is an IMPERATIVE fix (in my opinion) to make the software perfect.

ill be honest, thats about the only thing holding me back from buying LD2000. I use Full Auto (OSLS) and to do a beam effect, you click the window, and move the mouse to move the beam. i can make a 200 beam matrix with mirror targeting in about 5 minutes. in pangolin, that would take about 8 hours.

unless someone knows something different...???

-Marc

then i stand corrected! and i will be MORE than happy to play with ANY LD system there!!

-Marc

I see why the Lasers are dimmer then on CW.
    The FB3 doesnt seem to put 5V on the RGB lines.

I've drawn about 500 points in LiveQ, and the maximum voltage is about 4.1 volts. Maybe the FB3 needs 6 volts to get 5 volts on its outputs ?

REALLY good find!! could be a very valid point. were all RGB lines similar like that? only outputting 4.1V?

i wonder if bill (pango) could hop in and shed some light on this? (no pun intended )

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Well, i first tried around 20 points, and the voltage was about 1.7v
    500 points gave me between 4.0 and 4.2 voltage on ALL the RGB lines.
    (I also checked that my outputpower in LiveQ was at 100%.)

I just suspect that the FB3 needs 5.8V in stead of 5.0V. Kinda makes sense because you cant expect 5V output on those lines with only 5V input. There is always some semiconductor in the way that eats 0.8V or something

The thing is, I probably lose about 16 to 20% on my laseroutput.

I'll shoot an email to Ante from pangolin.. He was kind enough to supply me a circuit to convert the single end output to differential for my scanners.

Default voltage

what did you check the voltage with ? if you did it with a multimeter you will get a false reading the blanking output is pwm so you can only read it with an o scope , but the brightness thing is a problem with my kit on a ttl dac its just so much brighter just a shame you cant get many colors on ttl