Thread: blanking probs

Default blanking probs

i had a laser system with a analog laser didoe inside.
    i have now swaped it for a high power laser with TTL

with no blanking cable conected the laser will draw a picture fine but showing the joining lines.

once i conect the blanking cable half the image goes and not just the joining lines.

is this due to swaping from analog to TTL

Sounds like your blanking levels aren't correct. First verify that blanking actually works with your laser by toggling a +5v and 0V signal. It should go on and off. Next, verify that you are indeed sending a +5 and 0V signal to it from your DAC and not something in between. TTL has some tolerance but you definitely don't want to be sending midrange values to it since the outcome is unpredicatable. Finally, check that your software has the laser color output settings set appropriately.

Im running it with out software for now till i sort it out

What are you controlling it from? Chances are, the area that is missing is supposed to be in a different colour.

iTS A NEO DISCO SCAN LASER single green.
    was working fine with the didoe that came with it.
    its odd with the blanking cable conected it drwas just a part of the picture,

i bought software ishow but it does not seem to work with the neo laser
    i know they have a Powered by Pangolin Control System ¡°inside
    wonder if thats why software will not work

you cant make ishow talk to other hardware unless its designed to do so and from what Ive heard its unlikley as its supposed to be pants. If you have a neo laser it will have a FB3 installed with cypherlite software which is a very capable piece of software - do you have this? The FB output will work with analogue of TTL but it may be a function of your laser and the way its input works - some lasers dont seem to understand what TTL is!
    Have yourself a nice day out tomorrow in Leicester at the UK meet and we will get it working for you!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk