Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please tunning

Thumbs up

Looks fairly close to tuned to me. Also looks like you got a ground loop or hum coming from somewhere. Maybe touch up the X witha lil low frequency damping to tweak the circle and the top righ and lower left points on the inner square... Looks almost like mine except for your lines are a lil squiggly. Which I do not think is tuning related.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Looks fairly close to tuned to me. Also looks like you got a ground loop or hum coming from somewhere. Maybe touch up the X witha lil low frequency damping to tweak the circle and the top righ and lower left points on the inner square... Looks almost like mine except for your lines are a lil squiggly. Which I do not think is tuning related.
    How do I take care of the squiggly lines. The psu is grounded the galvos are not the scan amps are. do I need to ground the galvos? Pin 25 on the ilda cable is grounded to the psu on g

Yea, looks really good except for the squiggles. Which galvo set do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Yea, looks really good except for the squiggles. Which galvo set do you have?

same one you do

Smile

Looks like some kind of noise or other signal interference. I don't think it's a tuning issue.

What controller are you using? And what software? How long is your ILDA cable?

Adam

looking nice! I have tuning to come, when I recieve my galvo's. The squiggly line is most likely interference on the horizontal scanning galvo. Not sure how you'd fix it, but if you have it near power cords or anything, try to keep it all seperated.

I'd be willing to bet it's still a tuning problem. Liam, will you be attending SELEM? What software package are you using? If you're using a QM2K, go to Lasershow Designer, load the ilda test frame, go to edit, protect axis and uncheck blanking. Then, use the paint roller and go over the entire frame, so that it is not blanked at all. Then take another pic and we will know for sure.

Or just unplug the TTL cord to your laser so it stays on....

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Or just unplug the TTL cord to your laser so it stays on....
    That may occur on some lasers, but its not necessarily a good thing. If you laser comes on solid when you remove the blanking cable, you should add a pull down resistor to prevent that from happening. Sorta poses a bit of a safety problem in my opinion.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    That may occur on some lasers, but its not necessarily a good thing. If you laser comes on solid when you remove the blanking cable, you should add a pull down resistor to prevent that from happening. Sorta poses a bit of a safety problem in my opinion.
    Almost all the TTL lasers I have had do this. My last TTL Blue also has a key and interlock that you can hook up for safety, but if the keyis on, and the interlock plug is in, it comes on if there is nothing connected to the blanking leads.