Thread: Anyone heard of the Die4DAC?

Default Anyone heard of the Die4DAC?

I came across this http://www.die4laser.com/die4dac/index.htm

I dont have much money now that I have bought the Scanpro's, but has anyone bought/used these? I'm curious as to what the price is, it may be waayyyy out of my range, but I havent been able to find a price, I tried searching ebay, and nothing came up.

Yes, I have heard of it. I am not sure if that is still available from Robin or not. Regardless, it's a bit of a complicated solution to a not so hard problem. A USB device would be better and something like Norm's USB DAC or a modified soundcard would get you going rather inexpensively.

NVM with this, after having a chat to buffo it seems parallel port DAC's are bad in the fact that they freeze up very often. I am instead going to make a sound card DAC, went through it with buffo and it seems quite easy to do.

Yea, and you can use a soundcard dac with my free laser show software.

Cool

Carmangary;

Yeah, I mentioned your Spaghetti software to him. It's one of the few free software packages out there that support the EasyLase USB DAC. Considering that DrLava has written a sound card driver that will emulate the Easylase DAC, I'd say that a modified sound card is just about the cheapest way to get a DAC these days. (And you won't have the problems with the scanners freezing in the middle of the pattern like you do with a parallel port DAC.)

Adam