Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lasers and girlfriends/wifes

Talking women vs lasers...

My wife like lasers and lasershows I make but at the same time she hate them cause I spend so much money for them. She always telling me: "You are 50 y.o..... it's time for you to finish to play with lasers!"
    I answer her that she spend a lot of money for her make-up products, perfumes, body creams and blà blà blà.....
    Then she reply me : "Why You don't have sex with your projectors too?... "

Guys....Women are women.....
    Women and lasers: too much difficult joining......
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

i think my wife likes them ...

i keep hearing her telling her freinds "how large my equipment is"

all the best ... karl

My girlfriend can run a PM25 laser desk and an Avo Pearl lighting desk.

i tell you what didnt go down well with the other half, that im doing a laser show for new years eve!!!

struggled to explain that one!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

My wife likes it that I mess with my laser stuff because she realizes that if I am doing that then I am not doing crack and picking up hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    My wife likes it that I mess with my laser stuff because she realizes that if I am doing that then I am not doing crack and picking up hookers.
    Do you mean at all, or just not as much?

James.

PS Lilly, one of our pugs, just had the first puppy of her litter. It's a girl, 246g, at 16:28 EST. That squealing noise is awesome.

PPS Now, she's had 2 boys. She's on about a 1 hour schedule.

PPS She's all done now. She had 2 girls and 3 boys.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 07-05-2008 at 19:58.

My girlfriend only gets pissed when I make a royal mess of the apartment. Stripped and cut wires all over the place as I jump from one thing to the next. Otherwise she is just happy that I am happy. She does make fun of me though, but I have plenty of ammo to fire back .

Default mmmm??? Can we say...DETENTE

IMNSHO... My wife and I follow the policy of detente.....As with most couples....the issues are extremely complex....Limited resources...each one wanting their partner to be happy....but....I want a little happiness too !!!mmmmm....a deeee lem ahhh !!!
    Hey....I will never understand why she can justify certain expenditures....and she will never understand how I can justify certain
    expenditures.....but ya know....who gives a rats ass !!! as long as you share the resources.....and spend some time together on some shared interests....It should work !!!....or not !!!!!!

Option two (2) is to lie lika rug.....and that'ill keep da piece too !!! hahahah !!!

Good luck....My speculation is that the probabillity of a wife or girlfriend
    understanding our Laser obsession is directly proportional to the said wife or girlfriend appreciating the subtle humor of the great " Three Stooges "
    ....hmmmm...it happens.....and it is a beautiful thing when it does !!!!

Later !!! CDBEAM !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I dream of finding a wife with a EE or physics degree. Second choice would be a artist type who could draw, but they are soooo difficult to deal with.
    example conversation with such a dream wife:

Me: Honey , I need budget for a a new 1 ghz sampling oscilloscope for the consulting business.

Her, Well, dear, we'll buy the 3 ghz one ,its a better deal in the long run....

This is why I only "dream" of being married :-(

I am at the age where people look at your spouse as part of your career prospects. Married managers hate hiring unmarried guys for some reason. :-(

I do know of two or three commercial laser show companies where the Mrs runs things. AVI, hell she owns it, LSDI she runs the office and more, and One out west has a entirely female production staff. We've all met the wonderfully practical Amanda at One Stop, and Half of Cambridge Technology's sales engineers were good looking women, who came to ILDA to party, at least until they had kids.....

Steve

[/quote]I do know of two or three commercial laser show companies where the Mrs runs things. AVI, hell she owns it[/quote]
    Yes, but who founded it?!

My wife doesn't seem to mind, so long as she has everything she needs and my daughter has everything she needs, then I usually don't get much flak. My wife does enjoy watching a show now and then, and my daughter loves it! I setup this new laser projector to run from a piano with midi out and she had a blast the other day with it. Anyway, there are more expensive hobbies out there!