Thread: ScanPro 20's?

Default ScanPro 20's?

Hey guys, long time lurker, new to this forum, but not new to lasers. I am considering buying a set of scanpro 20's from LSP, though I have a few questions on them.

Do they come with the DMX control board?
    Are they good enough for text and or images/animations?
    Any known problems or experiences anyones had with them?

Ive seen alot of people posting about how good they are, and I am considering buying some and replacing the steppers in my RGY with them.

Also, what kind of inbuilt patterns/images/text/animations come with them?

Thanks

Hi Things

I'm just in the process of fitting two projectors with ScanPro 20's. To answar a couple of your questions, when you order your scanners from LSP, the DMX board is an option at cost but they were running an offer not long ago where PL members got a DMX board free if you mentioned about being a member when ordering. As regarding them doing text, they can do a nice job of it. Don't want to put you off but the only issue I have found with them is that they tend to need a bit more fine tuning to get the best from them, but they will be a 1000 x better than the stepper motors youhave at the moment. Check out my thread Hello & PM25 with ScanPro20's in this sub thread.

Carl

Thanks for the reply mate

Thanks for letting me know about the DMX board offer, I have a DMX controller, and I need to use that to control it untill I get a DAC. Great to know they can do text fine. 1 more question, Does the control board have TTL output for Red and green lasers?

Thanks

The DMX board they were offering had achip fitted for RGB TTL blanking meaning the blue parts of the image will be missing on your setup, but I am sure that they do a chip for RGY. The best thing to do is PM DAVE from LSP who is a member on PL. I sure he can sort you out.

Carl

They come with a free DMX board now, just type in the comment box when ordering that you want one, its a free option. Mine are almost here!

Hmm OK then, thanks alot!

Does anyone have any pics or movies of the default effects they come with? Im using my RGY at a concert in about 4 weeks, I wanna know what kind of effects I can incorporate into the show. The reason is I wont have a DAC before the concert, So I will be using DMX control.

Thanks for the replies guys! This sure is an expensive hobby/job LOL

I JUST BOUGHT SOME!!!!!!

Man I cant wait for em to get here, anyone know any estimated shipping time to Australia?

I was originally just gonna modify my RGY and put them in there, but since I need the RGY for a concert in a few weeks, If i start, i might not have it done in time. I'm thinking i'll just try them out on my 10mw green module for now. Apparently it does have TTL in, but I cant find it on the board, there is no socket or nything, but it has TTL written on it.

This is gonna be great!

you should have them by the end of the week
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

The end of this week?? Wow, nice customer service!

I just remembered I can control the colour from DMX, which is good, I dont htink i'll have a blue laser for quite a while.