Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Anyone got experience of SHINP lasers?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    64

    Default Anyone got experience of SHINP lasers?

    Anyone got experience of SHINP lasers?

    These guys have loads of videos on Youtube and also some on ebay.eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYgqDgIxl8

    Most claim to be CE marked.

    Other thing is how do you tell if a laser has a UV filter without actually buying it 1st?

    As I'm interested in audience scanning I want to be sure that any laser I buy doesn't put out dangerous levels of non visible light.

    I'm lucky in that I signed up for a free copy of Scanguard Lite software during their limited offer so I'm hoping this will allow me to calculate MPE values without any great problems.

    PS if anyone can suggest any good lasers RGY lasers for around 300 I'd be interested.

    I've also been looking at these guys products although these are beyond my current budget: http://www.laserdiffusion.com/ and http://www.plsshop.nl/overview.asp?cat=267

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    I have a RGY laser from SHINP. Its quite nice TBH, but I am tearing out the steppers and replacing them with galvo's soon. BTW, its a IR filter, not UV

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsone View Post
    Anyone got experience of SHINP lasers?

    These guys have loads of videos on Youtube and also some on ebay.eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYgqDgIxl8

    Most claim to be CE marked.

    Other thing is how do you tell if a laser has a UV filter without actually buying it 1st?

    As I'm interested in audience scanning I want to be sure that any laser I buy doesn't put out dangerous levels of non visible light.
    Err... I suspect you mean IR light as in Infra Red. You need to ask the company the very specific question "Does this laser have an infra red filter fitted?" and make it a condition of purchase in writing.

    I'm lucky in that I signed up for a free copy of Scanguard Lite software during their limited offer so I'm hoping this will allow me to calculate MPE values without any great problems.
    Really?... Have you actually got your hands on a copy of Scanguard lite? I signed up for this ages ago and still have no copy. If you've managed to get a copy I must contact James and see what happened to mine

    PS if anyone can suggest any good lasers RGY lasers for around 300 I'd be interested.

    I've also been looking at these guys products although these are beyond my current budget: http://www.laserdiffusion.com/ and http://www.plsshop.nl/overview.asp?cat=267
    Sorry, can't help you there but i'm sure someone else will

    Welcome to the forums, whereabouts in the UK are you?

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Really?... Have you actually got your hands on a copy of Scanguard lite? I signed up for this ages ago and still have no copy. If you've managed to get a copy I must contact James and see what happened to mine

    Welcome to the forums, whereabouts in the UK are you?

    Jem
    Hi Jem,

    No I've not got it yet but I spoke to Julie at Scanguard a few weeks ago and she said they'd got my request and it would be sent by the end of the month.

    I'm in Sheffield.

    I'm a huge laser fan and want one for home / BBQ usage.

    My heros are:

    1. Ministry - www.ministry.sk

    2. Awakenings - http://www.awakenings.nl/index.php?lang=en

    I'm presuming these guys are doing MPE calcs because if so, they're geniuses.

    Take a look at these Awakenings vids (2nd half of vids is where it gets good) (the Ministry ones are almost as good):

    http://www.awakenings.nl/movie.php?pid=118

    http://www.awakenings.nl/movie.php?pid=115

    My interests lie in projectors ratehr than building and in IDLA control although the latter is currently beyond my pocket at the moment.
    Last edited by Alsone; 07-08-2008 at 08:15.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsone View Post
    Hi Jem,

    No I've not got it yet but I spoke to Julie at Scanguard a few weeks ago and she said they'd got my request and it would be sent by the end of the month.
    Hmmm... , we'll see I'd like to think it would be by the end of the month. However, I know James is extremely busy and it's pretty much down to him to get the software finished. Incidentally, it's LaserVisuals & not Scanguard that you're dealing with

    I'm in Sheffield.
    Almost a neighbour. I live about 15 miles up the M1. My office is in Barnsley

    I'm a huge laser fan and want one for home / BBQ usage.
    I can understand your craving. After all, that's why we're all here, were addicts

    Are you aware of the UK Laser Enthusiasts meeting in Leicester on 10th August? If not, take a look at the thread. It's a GREAT day out!!

    My heros are:

    1. Ministry - www.ministry.sk

    2. Awakenings - http://www.awakenings.nl/index.php?lang=en

    I'm presuming these guys are doing MPE calcs because if so, they're geniuses.

    Take a look at these Awakenings vids (2nd half of vids is where it gets good) (the Ministry ones are almost as good):

    http://www.awakenings.nl/movie.php?pid=118

    http://www.awakenings.nl/movie.php?pid=115

    My interests lie in projectors ratehr than building and in IDLA control although the latter is currently beyond my pocket at the moment.
    WOW... Great videos!, if only I was 30 years younger

    Cheers

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •