Thread: Sorry I've been gone so long

Default Sorry I've been gone so long

Hi everyone.
    I am so sorry that I have not been on in a long time.
    I am also very sorry to those that have not received their repaired or new units.
    Rest assured you will receive them very soon.

I do not like hanging my laundry out in the public but I feel I must at least explain a little of what has happened here the last few months.
    I have been reluctant to have to explain yet another excuse as Im sure no-one wants to hear.

We are in financial difficulty at this time.
    With all the bills from the three back operations and medical bills and forced house repairs (yes, the county got after me for a new roof while I was laid-up) have left me in dire straights.
    As for the outstanding orders:
    Two sets of lasers got lost 2 weeks ago and have not the tracking numbers as Maxy again blew up another car and left it in a bad part of town and it has gone missing (probably stolen) along with all the receipts from the last month or so.
    And I am not so sure she actually got everything out as she has been in a custody battle for her kids and not being her to keeps things going straight has not helped.
    So I am now doing the catch up on making good on the two repairs and the new dual setup that was a replacement for the lost ones.
    I had hoped that Maxy would have kept up with the emailing but did not..leaving wonder for everyone involved including me.

We are in financial difficulty at this time.
    Things are very sad here to tell the truth.
    With all the bills from the medical and forced house repairs have left me in dire straights.
    And now with Maxy's missing car I was forced to repair one of my old cars that needed serious repairs, altho I could not afford it.
    All this has hit me all at once and I do plan on digging out from it all.

A few of you knew of my continuing back operations while a success I still have to walk with a limp as the arch of my foot hurts when walking and I still have to see the doc regularly and still maintain a day job with everyone thinging Im ok to do the tasks expected of me.
    This also requires that I travel for the company at times to get our equipment checked and tested and made ready for transport for installation at our facility..making me out of town on and off for a week or two at a time.
    When some folks call for me wondering about their order,This has happened a few times while I was out of town, I didnt have the answer always available at that time so I have put off calling back till I knew the answer. Bad practice I have found. Plus with Maxy's phone turned off I have to wait till I see her in person and sometimes she only comes down a day or two a week because business has been very slow.
    I do still have a lot of laser stock so that is not the problem.
    Again, I just wanted everyone that has repair or new orders to please give me another chance that I will make good.
    I am now doing everything for now on as I can not rely on others.

Again, This is a public apology and I hope to restore the faith you once had in me.
    I am not going anywhere and will get out of this mess.

I wish to thank those that have stood by with my continuing problems and that one day we can laugh about it down the road.

Sincerly
    Chuck
    Last edited by marconi; 07-12-2008 at 19:04.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Hi Chuck,

Great to hear from you again....

Good to hear the operation at least was in the main successful.

Sorry to hear of all your woes.. Life has a habit of doing this to one throughout the years.. Had a few in runs myself over the years but the main thing to realise is you do come out of it given time.

As my surgeon told me during my cancer operations... "this too will pass".

I for one have not lost any faith in you.. in fact I was thinking just the other night about getting another dual or better yet your "quad" when you get time to finish developing it.

When you catch up a bit give me a yell as to where your at... I would probably be a starter for another dual.

My current dual is running like a dream..

Keep smiling and remember my surgeons words .. This too will pass.. and he was right..

Cheers fron downunder

Ray
    Rotorua
    New Zealand

Hey Chuck

Great to see you back here

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time, I wish you all the very best with your continuing recovery to good health and future financial stability. It's easy to take good health for granted until something strikes you down. Those who have good health should rejoice, you never know what's around the corner !!!

You produce some of the best red diode lasers that are available for us hobbyists. I would love to see you getting back into full production (especially with your quad red - keep us informed ). Those who have not seen the beam profiles of your reds are missing out!

This tale should be a timely message to all those in the UK who bemoan our National Health Service which provides us with FREE healthcare. As you can see, it could be a lot worse

Again, my very sincere good wishes go out to you (and Max ), Keep smiling

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Chuck, I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you're going through. I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Guys,,... I'm digging out from this mess a little at a time.

I just cant believe just how much a mess its become.

On the highside, my health is improving
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

If there is anything I can do to help.....don't hesitate to call me. Shoot me an e-mail or anything....It would be good to have a laser talk....or whatever...keeping in touch is the point. Glad to see things getting better. If only I had the winning lotto ticket.... a lot of people I would help......at least with what extra funding could help with.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hi Chuck, good to hear from you, but not good to hear how things are. Just take your time, getting you sorted should take priority.

Hey Chuck,

Glad to see you back on the Forum, I knew you were busy with the day job. Let me know when you can send my new analog red and if you need my shipping info.

Best Regards,
    Mark

welcome back Chuck.
    most of us are missing you. friends.
    things are passed, new life is waiting for you.
    let us know more about your red lasers. also let us know more about the test blue lasers, .
    best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Hi Chuck ...

Good to see you back ... and

good to see your back .... is improving

i wish you all the best on your road to recovery ... phisicaly and finacialy

keep your spirits up mate .... all the best .... Karl