Thread: Green and Yellow HeNe

Lightbulb Green and Yellow HeNe

I am looking for a green and yellow hene to go with a red one and a low powered argon. Anyone here have any small ones lying around that are still alive?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hey allthat, I have an old tube in the garage that I *think* is a green hene. Its just a tube and its one of the real small ones, maybe 5 inches long. I haven't played with it probably in 7 or 8 years though. No clue if it still works or if the mirrors are in alignment. I also have a supply that sould run it, but I'm not sure if I have a ballast resistor around. Anyway, you're welcome to have it. Aside from that, if you're looking for something with a little more power, and safely in a head, try contacting Meredith Instruments. They usually have them on ebay, but both colors are going to cost alot more than a standard red hene. You can also try to contact Joe at www.joehopkinsengineering.com. He may have a green hene laying around he could sell you. Tell 'em I sent ya!

Hi, funky he-ne's are getting pretty rare. There was a company called particle measurement systems a long time ago and they specialized in the odd colors. Now they are called research electro optics REO.

They still make the unique tubes.
    http://www.reoinc.com/productsLasers.html

I still have my first hene that was given to me by the head of the laser division. The damn thing still works. That was... holy crap! 22 years ago. Shit I am getting old. any way they make great lasers.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Ive still got a yellow hene that in working condition and does 4mw...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD View Post
    Ive still got a yellow hene that in working condition and does 4mw...
    I too have a yellow hene doing 4 mW.
    Steve Roberts

Default Green HeNe

Hi,
    I have two 1.0 mW polarized green HeNes for sale, JDS 1176P. They are NOS (new old stock) heads. I am asking $250 each and I have a used MG lab supply set for them available at $150. I also have...a PMS (REO) tunable HeNe laser! 5 lines with a prism...green, yelloy, orange, orange red. You will get more power with a single line head though and $1,500 is my price; they are $5K today.

And hey Chad we are NOT getting older; just wiser! Phil 142laser (813) 974-2378
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I too have a yellow hene doing 4 mW.
    Steve Roberts

You got a PM on that Steve.

Carey, I PM,'d. I bet shipping would be far too much for a lil hene. Thank you though.

Thanks Phil, but the boss barley let me spend $300 on the 50mW multiline argon, and I misbid and lost a 2mw green HeNe that went for $130 with a power supply. I appreciate these are new units, but the boss won't.

David, if you don't mind, pack that greeny up for SELEM. Maybe we can get it fired up there.