Thread: EBay Argon Ion Laser heads and PSU's

Default EBay Argon Ion Laser heads and PSU's

I have just purchased an Argon Laser head + PSU off of Ebay and after the auction had ended the chap I purchased it from got in touch with me. It's slightly edited as to remove the chat between me and him but you should get the drift. He sounds a genuine chap, proof will be in the pudding when it arrives but on the whole, if there is anyone out there that wants a 'tinker' with a cheap old Gas Laser or two then here maybe is your chance?

http://tinyurl.com/6owbx9

Email script:

I am about to list another argon laser on EBay, we have a surplus of these of which have different ages, some 4-5000 hours old, and some over the 10,000 mark, i was wondering if you was interested in purchasing more of these ?
    These lasers come from decommissioned industrial equipment which had multiline filters with them (I'm selling these separately) and we do get these lasers from time to time. i have some older unit which are or have passed the 10,000 hour mark (this is the maximum the counter goes up to so i don't know how old they truly are). I was thinking of selling these cheap to people who know about these lasers, so they could tinker with it (at there own risk)
    kind regards
    Jason.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

man, i would buy one, but shipping to AU would probably cost more than the laser itself

Smog
    you are living proof that you can never have too many lasers

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I seem to remember it being rather difficult finding floor space to stand in your garage/room

EDIT - Kiss my Laser!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Lightbulb

Hi, my name is aaron, and I am an eBay junky...

That looks a lot like what I think this one I won the other day will look like. I hope it looks that good actually. I am ready for a little gas myself... What is the best way to exploit the multiple lines on these multiline argons?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hello aaron...Easy answer...use a multiline exploitilator.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Hi, my name is aaron, and I am an eBay junky...

That looks a lot like what I think this one I won the other day will look like. I hope it looks that good actually. I am ready for a little gas myself... What is the best way to exploit the multiple lines on these multiline argons?

Cool

...use a multiline exploitilator
    Otherwise known as a diffraction grating!

Adam

I can only tell you what I have seen... I have an Argon. It is pretty good at green and cyan. There are a couple of lines above that I can see with a prism. There is a deep blue and a kinda' violet. But they are too week to add anything meaningful to the green or cyan. Plus I only have a four channel PCAOM. So it will control the green, the cyan and the first blue line. The beam quality is fantastic. I'll give it that! I just wish I had more blue! The green and cyan are very close in the spectrum, so my total color gamut isn't so great. I have seen another Argon tube, the same size, that was WAY hotter and had much better output in the high end. The guy that had it also had an 8 channel PCAOM so he could use the extra lines. WOW! What a difference! Like I've said before, there is no RGB substitute for wavelengths above blue. True deep blue, indigo and violet lines are breathtaking!

Good luck with your new purchase. I hope you have tons of high end!

James.