Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is doable this RGB set?

looking good Steve
    now you have all that drilling and tapping to do - here is a hint for the dichros...dont know if you have access to any equipment to allow you to do this but I made some little feet for my mounts. These lift the mount by 10mm placing the centre at the right height for the beams and also allowing the dichro & mount to be removed from the top - the tapped hole in them means they fix from below which is a pain. The slot at the front allows you to remove them bu removing one screw and loosening the other - makes life much easier
    see images below

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP7611.jpg  

IMGP8117.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Great!
    I will do tonite!
    Thanks Rob, for this cute trick!
    Greets.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

if it helps the ally is 10mm thick milled down to 5mm on each side the raised bit in the centre is 10mm long and the length of the whole piece is 45 mm and 17mm wide (though 15mm would be adequate) with the screw to mount it in the centre

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Dates uploaded and loaded...

Now it's too late... neighbors can hear noise of my column drill...Tomorrow early in the morning I'll operate. Ta-Dah!!!
    Once more thanks Rob!
    You, Adam and all other PL Forum's guys really are a.... mine of good suggestions and tricks!.
    It would be also nice and higly useful to talk among us by Skype....
    Goodnite Mate!
    my webpage

I look forward to seeing the results

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Dates uploaded and loaded...

Now it's too late... neighbors can hear noise of my column drill...Tomorrow early in the morning I'll operate. Ta-Dah!!!
    Once more thanks Rob!
    You, Adam and all other PL Forum's guys really are a.... mine of good suggestions and tricks!.
    It would be also nice and higly useful to talk among us by Skype....
    Goodnite Mate!

Thanks to your thread I realized I screwed up my dichroics purchase and laser positioning. So you helped me out! Thanks!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenPC View Post
    Thanks to your thread I realized I screwed up my dichroics purchase and laser positioning. So you helped me out! Thanks!
    Eh... Eh... Eh...
    You're welcome Mate!
    That's what PL Forum is for....
    my webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Eh... Eh... Eh...
    You're welcome Mate!
    That's what PL Forum is for....
    In my case learning my success is a mistake

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenPC View Post
    Do you know a good supplier for high end notch filters?
    I know of one: Semrock. Have a look at this post for some contact info (including a phone number) and a link to their website. I believe the woman I talked to (Colleen) is still there. If so, she will be able to help you.

Warning: Custom notch filters aren't cheap. Figure a couple grand for a small run of 5 or 10 pieces, though you can save a lot if you get lucky and have a need for one that they already have off-the-shelf.

Finally, you may want to search around for "Rugate Filter" manufacturers if you can't get what you need from Semrock. Turns out that in the optics industry they often use the term "Rugate Filter" in place of either "Notch Filter" or "Dichro". (Who knew?)

Good luck!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I know of one: Semrock. Have a look at this post for some contact info (including a phone number) and a link to their website. I believe the woman I talked to (Colleen) is still there. If so, she will be able to help you.

Warning: Custom notch filters aren't cheap. Figure a couple grand for a small run of 5 or 10 pieces, though you can save a lot if you get lucky and have a need for one that they already have off-the-shelf.

Finally, you may want to search around for "Rugate Filter" manufacturers if you can't get what you need from Semrock. Turns out that in the optics industry they often use the term "Rugate Filter" in place of either "Notch Filter" or "Dichro". (Who knew?)

Good luck!

Adam

Hey, thanks a lot for the info. I'll file it away. I'm going to fold and put the blue laser in the back of the bus so to speak. I hate redoing a precision drilling layout. But, oh well.