Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip Off Alert ! Edison and 300evil quad modules

Default Rip Off Alert ! Edison and 300evil quad modules

Thinking about purchasing a quad module from Edison or 300evil ?

I did, and about 10 months after the order was placed, i finally recieved a pair of underspec , blue modules.
    they are quad 445 modules, that are supposed to be doing around 4 watts each.

what i ended up with was: 1 module doing 2.5 watts , and the second module doing 1.5 watts .

customer service is essentiall non existant!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Thanks for the heads up! That sucks...10 months! ouch.

KEEP it COHERENT!
    Peace.

DZ Splitter
    2-300mw 532
    1-2W RGB
    Quickshow

Hmmm... very strange......

What LPM did you use to test the output power....???
    Have you contacted the Seller... Either by E-Mail or PM..???

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Hi Jerry,

I used a calibrated ThorLabs meter, and also verified using a calibrated Coherent Laser power meter.

The builder decided not to answer my calls or emails any longer. The last time i spoke to him, he was too busy with his regular day job.
    And the maker of the modules, decided he wants to sell me another module, in order to fix my current ones.

how is that for customer service ?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Fuller story here...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...16803-Quad-445

To be fair to Edison (and its public I'm not a fan of the way he goes about some stuff), it's not really his problem if a third party screwed up a build using one of his kits.
    He has offered to sort it out for you for free, although on the condition you buy another module as I understand it. Or he'll charge you for the work.

Bottom line is, he doesn't even need to do any of that. You are not his customer, you just happened to end up with some of his equipment.

Saying he is at fault is a little bit off the mark if you ask me. Certainly, it might make any prospective helper consider twice before getting involved, just in case the mud slinging went innappropriately their way too... just a thought...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

"He has offered to sort it out for you for free, although on the condition you buy another module as I understand it. Or he'll charge you for the work."

No he did not offer to fix it for free! , he will fix the problem ONLY if i buy more of his modules.

"Bottom line is, he doesn't even need to do any of that. You are not his customer, you just happened to end up with some of his equipment."

I never said it was his fault, even though this groupbuy , was done by Edison and 300Evil .

another thing: i never asked edison to fix it for free, i was only after tips/ suggestions. (read my original post).

the mud slinging began, only began Edison decided to stick his NAME on MY THREAD, otherwise, all this BS would have never came up!

geezzes people, this is NOT the first time Edison has gotten a bad name, in regards to his assistance with his products......
    its documented history here....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

I never said it was his fault
    Sounds like you have a whole heap of beef with him to me. Check this thread title for a start.

No he did not offer to fix it for free! , he will fix the problem ONLY if i buy more of his modules.
    Isn't that what I said?

another thing: i never asked edison to fix it for free
    Nope, but he did make the offer to help you out. Whether you like the terms or not is another matter. It's not just cause to try and dirty his name just because you are (quite rightly so) pissed at 300Evil.

geezzes people, this is NOT the first time Edison has gotten a bad name, in regards to his assistance with his products......
    I'm not sure this scenario constitutes 'one of those times' personally. He offered support (with conditions) on a thread you made about a failed build using one of his kits. I expect if he'd stayed silent you'd be having a pop for that too.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

well i meet the men 4 times, he is a good and kind men.
    so i feel strange reading this...

but it is your opinion..
    you have a bad moduul
    i had buy a 3w green for 4000 usd in the USA over ebay, i pay, but he never ship to me.
    also a bad feeling and i never forget it, but we must go on...

and i feel this forum is for help and learn
    so from this story we can all learn
    but please be carefull how you pick your words, edison makes the best laser moduls i ever have seen! And i seen a lot!

good luck
    hope you can fix your problem.
    my tip, sent it to edison, i did also and he helpt me as a gentlemen!

All i wanna say is Edison makes quality modules.
    Never blame him for faults that he didn't make.
    I'm sure that you'll get a great module when you order directly from him.
    You are lucky that he wants to help you out and doesn't charge you any for work he does for you on the 445.
    Only thing is he wants to sell you a module and i don't blame him for that.
    If you have prolems with the time he needs for building the modules i can advice you to make an agreement about that.

BTW: The original sales thread is here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-(USA-Version)

@Dutch guys - it's OK for you who speak dutch and live close to Edison - for the rest of the world these things have shown to make a real difference. It's good that you believe the things you do of Edison and his products, but they are not experiences shared by many international customers of Edison. I don't believe its the quality of his products that are the issue here, it's his attitude and customer service (a very different thing). PL is littered with many examples of Edison's poor attitude towards customers (and potential customers).

I think something has happened with Adam (300Evil). I hope he's OK.