Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got gas!!!

Cool I got gas!!!

Multiline argon, LASOS, 7872 ML02... with a Cyonics 2101-15SLB power supply. eBay purchase as usual... but the seller seems reputable, kinda, and I think I got a good deal.

Shipping was free... till I asked for insurance, then it was $37. Got a shipping number on Thursday, after I paid on Sunday... Tracking said it was accepted this past Monday, week +1 after the Sunday I paid. Didn't communicate to well either, or... didn't want to. It was packed very well, never seen foil bubble wrap. Very easy to follow powering up directions, although the auction did not say I would need my own power supply for the fan. Beastly fan too, would give an A+ if I didn't feel I might be damaging my hearing using it in such an enclosed room. The seller said it only had 2500 hours on it, but I have not really found a counter. Looks fairly new, both the head and PSU. Auction said 50 to 100mW, and he measured it at 50ish at 8A. It looks like 50+mW, but I want to throw a meter on it pretty bad just to check. And ooohh that nice beam. Too bad you almost have to ruin it to see all the lines. Or I just don't have the best gratings.

Now for the pictures...

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

2 hours between opening the box and producing light??

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

It looks like you have about 9 lines! Lots of high end. Nice!

James.

Wink

Thanks James! I think there are 8 lines that I see. I love that deepest blue.

As for the time delay... I have been on call this week and had to bring some work home with me. I had to come home, set up the lap top and harass a few people on the phone while I was unpacking and setting it up. Then I had to find two screws, of different sizes to rig that beast of a fan on to the head. They are not a matching set... So 2 hours was a good time... I was being careful, for once.

seems a great bit of kit for the dosh ..have fun
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

The hour counter is sometimes housed in the head. This is the case with my spectra physics 163.

Question

Can anyone tell me how I can split the different wavelengths out and use them separately and at the same time? I am mainly interested in the main 4, 514/488/476/457. Maybe 476 and 457 combined. Is there an optic out there that will give me a single line of the main colors? I can split it with gratings, but I get to many splits. I just want one beam for each color.

how about a prism? Works for me.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Lightbulb

A prism is too imprecise, or at least the ones I have are. The don't produce the beam quality I want. One of really good quality might do it. I want to send one beam to a projector, maybe two the 514 and 488, and then the 476/457 to a different project practically in a another room via a fer bounce mirrors.

Antoher thought I had, if I take the full beam, all lines, and add a 650nm red to it, that's white light right? It looks fairly white to me.

A prism is really a standard way of splitting up the multiline laser.
    Laser company's have been doing it for 30 years. A good quality prism will give you all of the lines split and they should look as good as the original. Think pink floyd.

The other way to do it would be to get a dichroic for each wavelength and just pick them off one by one. This would be really lossy.

A good prism will do exactly what you want. Look here:

PRISM EQUI 10MM AR CTD TS

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productid=2049

As for the white. White is really pretty subjective and if you are happy with it then go for it.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.