Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Finished My LaserBoy DAC!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Anyway, why do you ask?
    'Cause, I believe it's the only way you can actually project a LaserBoy wave!

James.

So, I guess if they use a modified sound card DAC with my software it is a Spaghetti DAC?

So, I guess if they use a modified sound card DAC with my software it is a Spaghetti DAC?
    I did an awful lot of work on LaserBoy to make it work well. That involved having to invent many new ways to do things. That's what got a lot of other people interested in the idea.

I also worked directly with Dean when he designed the correction amp and I laid it out and built it; thus proving it works.

I think I deserve to call it a LaserBoy DAC.

James.

When did you first use a soundcard for laser display?

When did you first use a soundcard for laser display?
    I had the idea in 2003, when I first got into lasers. I hacked a sound card and used it on mixed-gas's system then. I got it to work with ILDA on a scope in 2004. I got a real laser projector in January, 2005.

I know I'm not the only person who ever tried it. I know the first laser control system from Pangolin was a modified 4 channel sound DAC.

But I also know that I did it first in 24-bit color on a 6 channel surround sound card and that I chose the open standard wave file format as a target output file type. I eventually gave it all away as an open source application that runs on just about any OS.

Other people might have a lot to say about it, but I actually wrote an application and a library of generic C++ classes that does it!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 07-19-2008 at 19:00.