Thread: help with sound card dac...

Default help with sound card dac...

Hi everyone, im interested in modifying a sound card for now, later will think about purchasing fb3. The thing is that i have no idea how to build an op amp and how exactly everything should work. I read everything about sound card dac in this forum but still havent got enough to get a clear vision. Perhaps someone who made it already has any drawings/pics or notes? would be appreciated...
    by the way can i have ttl blanking this way?

Quote Originally Posted by forsas_II View Post
    Hi everyone, im interested in modifying a sound card for now, later will think about purchasing fb3. The thing is that i have no idea how to build an op amp and how exactly everything should work. I read everything about sound card dac in this forum but still havent got enough to get a clear vision. Perhaps someone who made it already has any drawings/pics or notes? would be appreciated...
    by the way can i have ttl blanking this way?
    If you can wait a little while, we should have a kit with a printed circuit board soon.

James.

ok, i guess i'll be playing with dmx board for a while then...

Quote Originally Posted by forsas_II View Post
    ok, i guess i'll be playing with dmx board for a while then...
    In the mean time you might want to start working with LaserBoy.

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/

You don't need any special hardware to run the program. You can make waves and watch them on your computer. Then, when you get your LaserBoy DAC, you can project them!

James.

You can also play around with my Spaghetti software. You can create shows and watch then in preview mode with music until you get your DAC built.

If you are new to lasers, then maybe you are also new to the idea of vector art. We have no way to know what you know unless you ask questions. There is a lot of general knowledge that is best understood before you get too far into trying to figure out how to make laser art. So please feel free to ask.

James.