Thread: Scanner???

Default Scanner???

Hi,

Mw-40k = DT40 or DT40pro??? (430$)
    http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/1878

Real?

whiteg

Lightbulb

Looks like the slightly older DT40Pros with the heatsink on top of the galvos.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I have these in my 'stock' they are the DT-40pros from a little while back.

They work well for the money.

They may need to be tuned properly but there is heaps of info here on PL about that. ( refer Buffo (Adam) article on tuning)

They pix is showing the two filter boards and the HF damping pot still in place. These have now been removed in the latest version to make the units a bit better and to make it easier to tune.

Do a search here on DT-40 Pros look for an article By BIll Benner on the suggested improvements to these scanners.

Cheers

Ray

Cool

The scanner block looks like the one that was included with the original DT-40 (non-pro) scanners. I'm not sure what the DT-40 PRO scanner block looks like - it may be the same.

The scanner AMPS look just like the DT-40 PRO amps though. You can clearly see the notch filter daughter board (with the 2 extra pots) in the picture on that website.

I think Jian has modified the design of the DT-40 PRO amps again, at the recommendation of Bill Benner at Pangolin. I believe the newest DT-40 PRO amps do not have the daughter board anymore, and I'm pretty sure that the High Frequency Damping pot has been removed as well.

Either way, for $470, that's not a bad deal.

Adam

Edit: Ray, you beat me by 2 minutes!

I thought that it's a DT40 rather then a DT40pro, but I wasn't sure. So I asked

It's a good price, although I don't know how much is a DT40pro nowadays.

Whiteg

Where's Jian?, he's been a bit quiet around these parts lately.

Jian, If you're around send me a PM with the current price of the DT40 Pro's including shipping to the UK.

Thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001