Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 Fog machine?

Default CO2 Fog machine?

Hi everyone,
    I'm helping out a business associate with his nightclub laser show. We are currently looking into fog, smoke, haze machines. Will a CO2 fogger produce a lasting haze for a beam show? Would this be a good way to go? We're looking to spend $500-$2,500 on a new or used system.
    Thanks!
    Adam

From my experience in chemistry I would say that fog from CO2 is not very long lasting, it typically disappears in a matter of seconds. Furthermore it is fairly thick and heavy which makes it low-lying (the floor is hardly where your beams are)

Another disadvantage that not many think about is that it really hurts your indoor air quality to release large amounts of CO2. High concentrations will cause a significant degree of discomfort as well as nausea and headache.

I would recommend a cracker type hazer. My personal favorite since last Saturday are Swefog hazers. After seeing one of those small buggers fill a ~30000m³ hangar in a matter of minutes and keeping it filled for over 10 hours while hardly using any fluid at all I was truly impressed. It might be a tad over your budget though, especially with the dollar being so low. If you find one used I wouldn't hesitate to buy it though.

Here's what I'm talking about:
    http://www.swefog.com/ULTIMATE2000DMX.htm

Hey Tocket,
    Thanks for the info, That's pretty much what I was thinking as CO2 is heavy. Good point about the lack of oxygen thing. The last thing you want to do is make people tired at a night club. They want $3K for one of those hazers though. Are their any less expensive alternatives?
    Thanks!
    Adam

take a look at my posting in this thread...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4230

There was someone selling an MDG Atmosphere on this forum some time ago, I don't think he sold it. If you do a search i'm sure you'll find the thread.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 05-15-2008 at 12:33.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I dunno how big the nightclub you want to fill is, but take look at the MBT hazer. I think it also goes under the name HZ-1000 (not sure) , but its $300 and the cheapest TRUE hazer on the market. Beware, some companies just put a fan infront of a fog machine and say its a hazer. Things to look out for, MOST, ifnot ALL true hazers use a compressor of some sort, not a heater. Also if they note it can use fog juice.

If you want smoke that sits more then can I recommend a cooled smoke machine? releases average haze that then sits down more. Its more of an effect I guess and iirc they are expensive.

I dont know about you guys but I get confused when you use hazer and smoke machine. Somebody says smoke machine I think of something that is there for effect and a hazer as something that is used to make beams of light visable?

Anyways, I would recommend a look solutions unique? Always does well when ive needed it to.

Leave the fog machines for effects, hazers are the best in making beams visible. Fog is naturally too dense, so you end up loosing a few mw, whereas with haze, you loose alot less, which means brighter beams.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShaddow View Post
    Anyways, I would recommend a look solutions unique? Always does well when ive needed it to.
    I'll second that, I love mine and it just sips fluid. I guess something like an MDG will always be regarded as the best, but the Unique 2 is IMHO superb for the price.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Talking Buy dirrect from china

Hi all buy dirrect from china here is the name of my supplyers

http://www.mayaeffects.com/enproduct...nid=283&px=px3